Interior Water inside the Toilet!!

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi Guys,

The Van was parked for about 3-4 weeks since our last trip. On the weekend I have noticed the toilet bowl was full of water, somehow leaked from the flushing tank. I know it is from the tank as the water was pink color (I generally mix it with the Thetford Aqua Rise). This is the first time it happened. Thankfully, the water did not make its way inside the van. The flush works fine when the button is pressed as it should normally. Can't figure out the issue. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know what caused it? Thanks in advance. Trakadu.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
When filling my flusher it has leaked onto the shower floor somehow there must be some seal that is letting go takeing my van this sat for a few things will be asking a lot about thease probs

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If your light power switches were on then a short in the pump switch could have run it for a time ????........Kids...????

Shutdown power and then see what happens, I don't think expansion from heta would cause it.......

@Bluey , if you spill water when filling it can end up in the shower floor, the sealing between shower base and can cupboard is limited........if the can leaks big time you will know.

Reactions: Rockape

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
HI,
Out of curiosity was the van stored outside in the heat. I am wondering if the switch contacts close or short out in the heat, or if the wiring underneath the switch has insulation missing and the wires are touching.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
If your light power switches were on then a short in the pump switch could have run it for a time ????........Kids...????

Shutdown power and then see what happens, I don't think expansion from heta would cause it.......

@Bluey , if you spill water when filling it can end up in the shower floor, the sealing between shower base and can cupboard is limited........if the can leaks big time you will know.
No spilage very careful when filing didnt overfill but did fil it up then for 2 days bit of pink water on shower floor mmmmmmm always stored with a bit of water on seal someone said plumbers grease works well to stop seal drying out on cassette time will tell

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne

Hi Drover, I can be sure it is not the kids but I had the van connected to the main power (240V) to charge the batteries. I normally turn the light power switch off whilst the van not in use. So not sure what happened there.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
HI,
Out of curiosity was the van stored outside in the heat. I am wondering if the switch contacts close or short out in the heat, or if the wiring underneath the switch has insulation missing and the wires are touching.
Cheers
Nick

Hi Rockape, Yes the Van is parked outside but covered with a caravan cover. We had several hot (35c+) days and quite possibly the heat could have caused some havoc in the wiring system to short circuit it. I will now keep an eye for it… thanks for the tip.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
By the sounds of it then I would go with the seal on the can on the way out, every flush a little bit will escape and work it's way to the shower tray, will get worse so you will end up with more than pink water............The recommended lube for the seals is olive oil only other oils are not good for them it seems. Everything should be cleaned and empty when not using seal sprayed and left open.
I carry a spare seal after one clagged it once while away.............

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Something ours did while away and when we got home, is the flush pump started randomly and wouldn't shut off, water must have leaked through to the switch, pulls switch plate off and blew on the circuit board and it stopped. We had used the shower a few hours before it happened. Just a thought.

Reactions: Rockape