18' Series warranty issues 18.57-6 2012 model

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well1 you've asked that question in the right place, there has been a few 18 owners with issue's I'm sure they be along to enlighten you soon.

How are you finding that layout?, have heard they deleted it this year

marty18576

Jan 24, 2014
Briagolong
Yet to use the van. (still at Bayswater pre delivery ) Yes according to Page Bros Jayco at Seaford this lay out has been deleted in the 18 series. Ours is a 2012 demo model sold as part of Jayco run out sale. Cause its classed as a second hand van only get 3 months warranty.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yet to use the van. (still at Bayswater pre delivery ) Yes according to Page Bros Jayco at Seaford this lay out has been deleted in the 18 series. Ours is a 2012 demo model sold as part of Jayco run out sale. Cause its classed as a second hand van only get 3 months warranty.

If it's a Demo model and had no previous owner, it should be sold with full 12mth warranty, in saying that you should have no problem getting warranty stuff done even outside the warranty period, Jayco are pretty good like that.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi @marty18576 , I have the same model in an outback and have had my fair share of warranty issues as well as things I've fixed/improved myself, however it doesn't really relate specifically to this model and could of happened to any expanda. Best just to go right over it with a fine tooth comb and use it as much as possible....especially in the warranty period. Enjoy mate it's a great model :)
Cheers.

crmmg

I too have the same model @marty18576, but in an outback model. I am pretty happy with it overall considering the hiding we have given it. Our bathroom mirror fell and cracked (Gibb River Rd), but was happily replaced to the relief of my wife and daughter and a few cupboard latches decided not to stay closed (easy fix). Otherwise nothing of note to report about after 25,000kms in 18 months of ownership.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria

Well in a way yes, but I have heard you can buy a 18-57.9 this year will no rear bed and a robe in that spot so pretty close. Well done on your purchase.

Reactions: marty18576

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Marty,
Same model for us, also an outback model. Only minor warranty issues and we love the panda.
Cracked mirror in bathroom
Sink drain hose came off
Curtain pelmet above top bunk fell down
Cupboard and draw adjustments
Screen door plastic latch broke

And that's about it.
Didn't know they had deleted our model :(

HM

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey Marty, Is the van getting road registered for the first time? If it is it may qualify for full warranty (in my opinion). I think that's what happens with cars.

marty18576

Jan 24, 2014
Briagolong
Hey Marty, Is the van getting road registered for the first time? If it is it may qualify for full warranty (in my opinion). I think that's what happens with cars.

It was first registered 01/2012. I am not too worried about 3 months. Just want to know what to look for. Thanks Marty.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
A manufacturer can say what they like in terms of the length of a warranty.
However every business needs to comply to the ACCC Consumer Guarantee.
Take a look at the link below for an understanding of what the consumer guarantee covers.
I think you will find you will be covered well and truly past the 3 month mark.
However when it comes to Jayco, they are excellent when coming to the party to rectify defects.

http://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Consumer Guarantees A guide for consumers.pdf