20' Series Van inspection Cheltenham Victoria??

Brenton

Dec 17, 2014
Hey all, my dad has just put a deposit on a 2015 Jayco Silverline outback in Cheltenham Melbourne. We are in Brisbane and he wanted to know if there is someone he should use to go and inspect the van? Or for that matter if anyone on here wants to go and have a look you can be paid in beer or liquid gold of your choice. It is a one owner van and been stored under cover and seldom used so he is not expecting any large issues, however it is a fair bit of money to buy sight unseen.

Thanks in advance!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I would definitely get some professional involved ring advantage caravan repaires in vic ask them if theres anyone they will know ..... personally i would never buy sight unseen how much is a plane ticket compaired to your spend just cause its been stored under cover and mite be fairly new still could have bucket loads of issues but id say not well you never know maybe here someone knows people who can help with the buy if not ring advantage ask them @Crusty181 mite know and give better advice than me

rags

Brenton, probably a good option for dad to fly down and inspect. However if he is comfortable and don't mind a drive considering he may need to any way if he buys, then a trip to Vic whilst being prepare is an option. We had a similar issue when buying our van.
We agreed to purchase our expanda sight unseen from a private seller in Vic when we lived in NSW Blue Mts.
We agreed with sellar on the price and sale being conditional on the van being in the condition as described. No deposit was asked for but a commitment from both parties on our intentions. We pre arranged a few things before leaving including a security check on the van, the funds being sufficiently allocated to a few accounts so we could do an online payment from each account within withdrawal daily limits at pickup if satisfied.
We then drove down to Vic ready to buy if satisfied. It worked out for us, van as good as described, owner genuine. If it wasn't what we expected the owner knew that we would not purchase and we would have had an enjoyable drive any way.
The only thing we forgot was arranging insurance but fixed that around 5 km down the road after towing van away via a phone call.The other thing clarifying the tow plug socket type, but a quick trip to super cheap after viewing van fixed that problem.
Good luck to dad.

Reactions: Delano

Brenton

Dec 17, 2014
Yes owner seems genuine, has offered to pick him up and drop him off from the airport and he lives an hour away. Dad can't pick up the van until about 8 weeks time as he leaves overseas next week. Seller has already paid storage until Sep so sounds like it works out well. If he is happy with it when he drives down he will no doubt put a deposit on it and happy days. Big upgrade for him with the new van and less setup over the expanda so he is happy, although his expanda was a great van. The silver line is like a home on wheels.

Reactions: Bluey

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I did the same with our expanda, flew to Townsville to inspect, paid for it on the spot and drove up to get it many weeks later due to floods, then got stuck in floods coming home, quite an adventure and a bit of fun. I was lucky back then as I had so many frequent flyer points the only cost was the airport parking

Brenton

Dec 17, 2014
I did the same with our expanda, flew to Townsville to inspect, paid for it on the spot and drove up to get it many weeks later due to floods, then got stuck in floods coming home, quite an adventure and a bit of fun. I was lucky back then as I had so many frequent flyer points the only cost was the airport parking

Probably more than the flights cost themselves!

Reactions: DRW