20' Series Under bunk storage - 20.63-1

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Does anyone have a pic of their under bunk storage area on the fixed double bunk 20.63-1 model? We have ordered this configuration in our new van, and I'm just trying to visualise what the space underneath will look like, ie how big it is etc.

Any pics you can post would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Sandra

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
2014-07-25 12.27.01.jpg

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
@Crusty181 that's fantastic, thanks for posting! I'm glad we are not getting the drawer now after seeing your pic - I will be able to fit a lot more stuff in that space without it :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We're undecided on that along with the raft of other options. Today (it changes every day) we're getting the outside entertainment thingy to use the TV outside under the awning, and I think they put that in the under bunk storage area behind the drawer, in which case the drawer might as well stay. My original plan was to store the gazebo in there but I think the centre bed support will poo poo that idea. We have another week or two before we have to commit to the final options.

What is your vans quoted delivery date

Last edited:

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I put a hatch underneath my bunk so I could access this area from the outside of the van @Flossymk1

Yes I've asked for the hatch as well - hopefully it's on the final sign off plan! (which I think we will get next week sometime) - do you have a pic of the hatch? How big/wide is it?

@Crusty181 I don't have a definite date yet - I believe its mid October sometime?

Reactions: skippy

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We're undecided on that along with the raft of other options. Today (it changes every day) we're getting the outside entertainment thingy to use the TV outside under the awning, and I think they put that in the under bunk storage area behind the drawer, in which case the drawer might as well stay. My original plan was to store the gazebo in there but I think the centre bed support will poo poo that idea. We have another week or two before we have to commit to the final options.

What is your vans quoted delivery date
I regretted not getting outside TV last time, simply because all the big sporting events seem to be on while we are camping, and I dont want to sit inside to watch them. Got it this time despite the loss of internal space.
Of course, another option is simply an outside tv point and power points.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I regretted not getting outside TV last time, simply because all the big sporting events seem to be on while we are camping, and I dont want to sit inside to watch them. Got it this time despite the loss of internal space.
Of course, another option is simply an outside tv point and power points.

Although the dealer has to date been unable show me an actual entertainment unit .. i presume it wont take up too much room, and if it fits into the dead space behind the bunk drawer, it should be unnoticable. Maybe renovate it later to use as general outside access hatch as well. We use satellite for Tv 99%, so the issue is i need the coax from the entertainment unit to not be connected to the Winegard and so far Jayco is refused to 'not connect'. Im struggling to process why, but that will kill the entertainment unit idea making it useless for us

Last edited:

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Here is the biggest hatch that Jayco would put in under the bunk bed on my 20.63-1OB. Not the best quality but you get the idea. IPhone's pictures are not the best in the dark @Flossymk1 Internal sizes 580 x 220
IMG_1277side hatch.jpg IMG_1288sidehatchopen.jpg
IMG_1281tvhatch.jpg

The outdoor entertainment pack was the first thing on the extra's list @relgate
:behindsofa:Now I can site outside and watch Freo win the Grand Finals this year with a bit of luck.:first: @dagree
In all seriousness it is great to sit outside and watch the news and AFL games outside rather than be stuck inside watching the box. That is the only time I really spend watching the box if I can get away with it. Internal sizes 360 x 315 by about 300 deep. Its takes up some of the room under the sink which you really don't miss at all.

@Crusty181 I too have a satellite setup and all I did was tap into the arial line but make sure the booster is off for the Winegard and then the satellite works a treat.

@twscoot mine seems to be smaller compared to yours maybe your bed sits further of the ground than the 20.63 bed for some reason and that why you have a bigger door maybe.

Hope these pictures help

Skip

Attachments

• IMG_1277side hatch.jpg
    IMG_1277side hatch.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Skip has a sharp eye!
Yes the hatch on our Starcraft may be slightly higher. The bed was raised about an inch to achieve this but it gives you more options if you want to slide crates in (as I do). The difference in the bed position isn't that much and unless you had a triple bunk is probably worth doing.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Here is the biggest hatch that Jayco would put in under the bunk bed on my 20.63-1OB. Not the best quality but you get the idea. IPhone's pictures are not the best in the dark @Flossymk1 Internal sizes 580 x 220
View attachment 25098 View attachment 25100
View attachment 25101

The outdoor entertainment pack was the first thing on the extra's list @relgate
:behindsofa:Now I can site outside and watch Freo win the Grand Finals this year with a bit of luck.:first: @dagree
In all seriousness it is great to sit outside and watch the news and AFL games outside rather than be stuck inside watching the box. That is the only time I really spend watching the box if I can get away with it. Internal sizes 360 x 315 by about 300 deep. Its takes up some of the room under the sink which you really don't miss at all.

@Crusty181 I too have a satellite setup and all I did was tap into the arial line but make sure the booster is off for the Winegard and then the satellite works a treat.

@twscoot mine seems to be smaller compared to yours maybe your bed sits further of the ground than the 20.63 bed for some reason and that why you have a bigger door maybe.

Hope these pictures help

Skip

@skippy The TV hatch in the sink would I assume be a better locale and height compared to the under bunk area. Its very difficult to picture the final van with all our preferred options, when the dealer has no real idea what options Lord Jayco will accept, today and opposed to tomorrow, and which random location he'll he putting them. Unfortunately each of those issue impact others .... so we have to wait for the final plan

For some explicable reason Jayco insist on tapping the Winegard into the default antenna coax, even though from my perspective Ive already got and paid for the default set up, and the Winegard is a costed addition that should when I specifically ask, run its own additional coax/point. Jaycos odd position on the coax splitting has been a massive issue for me. Our Sat is for actual use and Winegard for resale.

Its interesting (and reassuring) that the Winegard doesn't interfere with the Sat signal without the amp on. For you info, in my quest for a workaround, a TV/antenna dude from over your way said the power from the Winegard amp would likely damage the Sat box. As obvious as it sounds now, I didn't consider just not turning it on.

My compounding issue is with the Entertainment unit, which I need to be a standalone coax terminating in a plug next to the Winegard and default plugs. I want the Entertainment unit to feed from the the Sat box, otherwise the Ent Unit is of no use to us. This is how our 16.49.1 was factory delivered. I like the large access door

Cheers