Interior Under bunk draw system help

Dingo

Mar 18, 2015
Camden
Hi there guys just wanted to ask if anyone has replaced there bunk bed with a draw or cabinets. Due to space and the bottom bunk not being used that's all. If anyone can help that would be great thanks

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Should be feasible.
If it increases the usability without the extra weight effect it's got to be good.

I think jayco can supply matching panels if you want to go down that path and I seem to remember that the big green shed has some which are a close match.

How're your carpentry skills? (Mine are appalling)

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I did this some years ago in my 16.49-2. Bought the front of the drawers through Jayco spares and the rest from Bunnings.
I simply copied the way the drawer near the door was fixed. Easy carpentry really. Hardest part was fitting the push button locks.
My tip is to copy an existing drawer and use it as a template.
Both drawers were and excellent addition.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Dingo

Mar 18, 2015
Camden
I did this some years ago in my 16.49-2. Bought the front of the drawers through Jayco spares and the rest from Bunnings.
I simply copied the way the drawer near the door was fixed. Easy carpentry really. Hardest part was fitting the push button locks.
Hi mate just wanted to ask if you can possibly post some pics of your install please.

cheers

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Haha mine are not to bad lol thanks mate appreciate your help. This is going to sound dumb but what is the big green shed? lol

Yep. Bunnings.

Part of the special vocabulary found on this site ....sorry for the confusion!

Others: WA....wait awhile
GOF.....refer to drover ....self designated

And many others

:banplease:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Hi mate just wanted to ask if you can possibly post some pics of your install please.

cheers

Hi @Dingo
Here's the best I've got from many years ago.
Cheers

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Dingo

Mar 18, 2015
Camden

Hi matey just wanted to ask when you purchased the draw fronts did they custom make the sizes for you or is there only one size? Reason being mine would 880mm long each by 280mm high and i know its not a Jayco standard size. I tried calling them but had to leave a message to call back and surprisingly no call back lol.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Hi matey just wanted to ask when you purchased the draw fronts did they custom make the sizes for you or is there only one size? Reason being mine would 880mm long each by 280mm high and i know its not a Jayco standard size. I tried calling them but had to leave a message to call back and surprisingly no call back lol.
Hi @Dingo. From memory there was only one size offered. I know I didn't specify the size rather had them match the existing drawer near the door of the 16.49-2.