16' Series Tyres

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Hi
Wondering what tyres have been used to replace the original GT Radial Adventuro 235/75r15 with 110 load rating?

Single axle 16.49.4 Expanda And done about 30,000km in the last year. One tyre is scrubbed on the outside, one has a cut that can’t be repaired.

Tyre sales have some Doublestar ds620 for $104 with 116 load rating

Anyone replaced with the original GT Radial on increase wheel size to 16 inch? Seems to be more options in 16 inch to get load

Thanks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With a single axle I would buy a set of good quality tyres, Double Stars are good for the 6x4 tip trailer but you want something reliable that will handle the neglect a van tyre gets...............as for changing wheel size, you need to do the maths, online calculators are available so you can see the actual size of proposed set ups to see if they will fit in the wheel arch, measure from chassis rail to inside edge of wheel hub to see what sort of off set room you may have...

Get a wheel alighnment before new rubber.

Reactions: Bluey

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I have swapped to the Maxxis 980 on the van and the car, they are made using he old mould of the BFG AT. So far the van has done around 10,000kms with them on and show no signs of wear

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Had mine replaced under insurance this year.
Adventuro III are available, but was advised by Bridgestone DON'T.
Can't remember off hand what did go on tho sorry, something similar price tho.

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Had mine replaced under insurance this year.
Adventuro III are available, but was advised by Bridgestone DON'T.
Can't remember off hand what did go on tho sorry, something similar price tho.
How much are the Adventuro’s? Can’t find them online.
They seem alright and took a flogging across the Gibb, Mereenie loop, William Creek Rd and heaps of other dirt roads.

Doublestars got my attention with the 116 load rating so should be tough. Real world experience is the only way to tell though