TV Bracket in 16:49:B

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Here are a couple of Photos of my 1st Mod the TV Bracket I wanted something permanently mounted to the Bench with the ability to swivel but had to be nice and solid as I don't want to have to pack the TV away so here is what I came up with ...plus I accidentally bought a TV that I think is a bit big!

P3110050.jpg

P3110053.jpg

P3110054.jpg

P3110056.jpg

P3110057.jpg

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Nice job. Where did you get the parts from? And what exactly did you buy? So many questions I know but I have a similar TV!!

Hi Izzya
Everything was made from bits I had lying in the workshop (I build patios and fences for a living) it is just one bit of larger diameter pipe with two bits of 40mm angle iron as the brackets to hold the TV welded to it, fitted over a smaller pipe with a collar welded to the smaller pipe for the larger bit to spin on, the flanges on the ends to fix to the bench & cupboard were circle cut outs I had left over from a job. I used to work for a guy in town here who made slow combustion heaters 15- 16 years ago and the circles were the off cuts from the body of those . But a couple of squares of flat steel would have done the job.

DSC_0265.jpg DSC_0267.jpg

The most difficult part was to get the the two bits of angle iron square with the holes in the right spot , I drew a square the same size on the bench then sat the angles in it and welded them to the pipe then marked out the holes and drilled them a bit larger than needed that way there was room for tilting the tv to get it level with the cupboards
Hope this helps
Cheers Grant

Oh and there is hole drilled in the middle of it all to put a clip in to stop it rotating while traveling I will have to go and buy the clip yet!