Turtle's New Shell

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Well folks, a picture says a thousand words, so here we go,
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Looks great @Turtle... Had a concept parked up the road from us yesterday but not sure if it was a belmont. One smart looking van!

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Very nice @Turtle whats your 1st impressions? How does it tow?
Tows very nicely with a bit of a load in it. Empty it's a bit light on the ball.
Empty ball weight is 144kg tare is 2445kg and gross is 2943kg so using the 10% rule it needs weight up front which isn't hard to do considering the front boot, front tunnel boot and under bed storage.
Once I loaded the bare essentials out of the Ranger and into the van it towed great

Last edited:
Reactions: cruza driver

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Tows very nicely with a bit of a load in it. Empty it's a bit light on the ball.
Empty ball weight is 144kg tare is 2445kg and gross is 2943kg so using the 10% rule it needs weight up front which isn't hard to do considering the front boot, front tunnel boot and under bed storage.
Once I loaded the bare essentials out of the Ranger and into the van it towed great
So, I took it over the weigh bridge just before we left for the Coast and was pretty happy with the results.
2980 GTM, 2680 ATM so 300 on the ball. 37kg over.
Pantry full, fridge full, 3 x sleeping gear & tents for the kids under the bed. The WDH bars were in the front boot too, so the 37 wouldn't be hard to lose
Towed like a dream too.