14' Series Tunnell Boot Slides

Crew family

Mar 26, 2016
Melbourne
No slide for us as we're a little worried about weight, but have Bunnings storage boxes lined up with a bit of plastic guttering to the side storing long poles, winders etc. I use a broom to pull the middle boxes out if I need to :D

Reactions: bigcol

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Whilst I may have an 18.58, can't be too dissimilar. In the middle of building some myself,went with a 800mm long odd one on the kerb side for the Webber, and a 1.2m odd one on the road side for all our stuff, can't quite remember the measurements, but they add up to the width of the van. I built the drawers myself out of 40mm aluminium angle with additional angle on each corner for extra strength. Have laid a section of aluminium composite sheet inside the frame so it rests IN the angle, all held together with a strong adhesive type sikaflex. Have my heavy duty drawer runners, just need to assemble it all into the van. All painted up with Epoxy then 2-pack clear just coz. Drawers are light weight but seem quite strong, and will be further strengthened by the runners supporting them. Haven't taken any pics yet, but can do if you want some ideas.

Reactions: bigcol

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
The front boot of the 14 footers is unfortunately not big enough for the Baby Q. Bugga
Sorry, yes I realise that. Meant more that the idea would be much the same. Could split half and half to each drawer, or more on the kerb side etc.