TT Bridge - New Holiday Home

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey All,

Well i posted a few months ago of our impending new arrival. (The reason for this section) Well we finally collected it. We collected it on the 10th October and began our trip north.

We had the privilege of travelling in the shocking weather that got the south coast including the 1 in a 100 year storm in Sydney so we batten down in Wollongong. Rode it out without issue, just a bumpy night.

Anyway, Details and photos.

Brand: On The Move Caravans
Model: Storm Family (Custom)
Length: 20"6'
Tare: 2700kg
Gross: 3500kg
Ball: 230kg

Seperate shower / toilet
Washing machine
Truma gas heater (worth it for the first few days)
Ext TV box and stereo
3 tanks (1 separated for filtered drinking)
Longest awning they could fit
Full oven - 4 burner gas stove.
Flip up foot bolsters
Shoe lockers (good use of floor space)
Oversize front box
External
access locker to under the bunks.

Customised component was the addition of 1 foot to the can to fit the washing machine.
This gave us an oversize shower (love this bit), robes to the end of the kids bed (that are huge).

It is riding on Vehicle components "Crusemaster Suspension" and full off road chassis. For a full size van, this tows like a dream. We even did dirt roads in our travels and it rides so well.

As for storage, we have everything we need in and we have empty cupboards and under the bed has nothing in it.

There are a few things i want to add like towel rails etc, but mostly very small changes. The guys and Gals were great to deal with and very happy with what we got, and how it has performed given the changing weather we have had so far.

Have been really surprised with the feedback we have been getting on the road. Several other caravan patrons wanting info / look through as it looks so well built.

So only another 2 days on the road (and the first really good weather day) Home in 2 days and back to reality of work and the 3 weeks holiday coming to an end.

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.11.15 am.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.11.27 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.12.28 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.12.17 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.12.06 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.11.53 am.png

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hooly Dooly. Nice looking van.
Lots of questions for you....

Any pics of the main bed?
How does it tow?
So the gas heater is good? I'm thinking of one.
Which are the shoe lockers?
I like the big kitchen window
I notice there is not a second filtered drinking water tap. How do you choose between the 2 tanks and the filtered water tank?

Awesome van @TTBRIDGE

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
My friend had an "on the move van". It was very nice as is yours. He sold it because it was too big for him and I would have bought it in a heart beat if the kids were off our hands.

But what is their forum like and what will you do as there will be nothing to fix:)
Congrats on your van, it looks very very nice. Now I'm off to fix something in mine!~

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Hooly Dooly. Nice looking van.
Lots of questions for you....

Any pics of the main bed?
How does it tow?
So the gas heater is good? I'm thinking of one.
Which are the shoe lockers?
I like the big kitchen window
I notice there is not a second filtered drinking water tap. How do you choose between the 2 tanks and the filtered water tank?

Awesome van @TTBRIDGE

@relgate, seems the photos did not load as i had an error. Will try again.

Tows awesome, by far the best trailer i have ever towed and i do a lot of towing . The axle was moved back 6" to account for the extra length and weight of the washer. So bounce and feedback to the car is minimal. I think the suspension has a lot to do with it.

The heater, well we had 4 days of solid rain, 30 knots of wind and nothing over 9 deg during the day. We turned it on at lunch and within 10 mins were taking coats off. Works a treat in our size van. it is mounted under the bed.

For the filtered water, I was expecting a 2nd tap for the filtered water, but we got an all in one unit. I will post a photo. It is a 2 in one tap, with a small secondary tap (near base) that come out the same tap head. This i was very impressed with when i saw it.

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.12.41 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.12.56 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 6.08.12 pm.png

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
My friend had an "on the move van". It was very nice as is yours. He sold it because it was too big for him and I would have bought it in a heart beat if the kids were off our hands.

But what is their forum like and what will you do as there will be nothing to fix:)
Congrats on your van, it looks very very nice. Now I'm off to fix something in mine!~

@macca yes, they are a nice van, and as you said it is bigger and probably a bit heavier, but built like a brick thing... nicely finished. As for their forum, what forum? I will stay here as long as i am allowed. As for what i fix, i have time to read on here what everyone else is fixing. Haha, all jokes aside, jayco service there market very well.

Reactions: Flossymk1

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
@relgate, seems the photos did not load as i had an error. Will try again.

Tows awesome, by far the best trailer i have ever towed and i do a lot of towing . The axle was moved back 6" to account for the extra length and weight of the washer. So bounce and feedback to the car is minimal. I think the suspension has a lot to do with it.

The heater, well we had 4 days of solid rain, 30 knots of wind and nothing over 9 deg during the day. We turned it on at lunch and within 10 mins were taking coats off. Works a treat in our size van. it is mounted under the bed.

For the filtered water, I was expecting a 2nd tap for the filtered water, but we got an all in one unit. I will post a photo. It is a 2 in one tap, with a small secondary tap (near base) that come out the same tap head. This i was very impressed with when i saw it.

View attachment 27620 View attachment 27621 View attachment 27622

:boom:

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Geez, I might have to take a drive around to try and find you when you get back @TTBRIDGE, With a van like that in our neck of the woods I won't miss it! I just hope you aren't in one of our horrible narrow streets!

BJ

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
@macca yes, they are a nice van, and as you said it is bigger and probably a bit heavier, but built like a brick thing... nicely finished. As for their forum, what forum? I will stay here as long as i am allowed. As for what i fix, i have time to read on here what everyone else is fixing. Haha, all jokes aside, jayco service there market very well.
Could always drop in around here if you get Fixitus withdrawals! Mind you, I must have had a Tuesday build as ours has been pretty good. Not much needed to be done.

BJ

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Geez, I might have to take a drive around to try and find you when you get back @TTBRIDGE, With a van like that in our neck of the woods I won't miss it! I just hope you aren't in one of our horrible narrow streets!

BJ
@Bmhdg76 i am afraid I am in one of the narrow streets. But I built the house with large side access with a good approach. But if you ever want a look you are more than welcome, as you will mot see it from the street. Or at a forum meet?

Reactions: Bmhdg76

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
@Bmhdg76 i am afraid I am in one of the narrow streets. But I built the house with large side access with a good approach. But if you ever want a look you are more than welcome, as you will mot see it from the street. Or at a forum meet?

We will see it at a forum meet :)!

Very smick and looks sensational!!!

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
Hey @TTBRIDGE.
Van looks awesome. Very envious.
Even better in real life. I think you past us today on the Bruce Hwy. You took the north lakes exit. We were in the other 200 Series with the expanda. I've convinced the wife about the next van choice thats for that. ;)

Reactions: TTBRIDGE