trips in the planning

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
To keep this thread going. We have been trying to work out where and when to go on our annual family holiday. Pretty much decided in the last few days. Plan to leave in the next 2-3 weeks for 3-5 weeks for a trip up the centre Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, East/West Mac Rangers. Depending on time maybe do Darwin aswell. I have never been up that way before so it's time I did. Time to get some solid planning in place I guess.

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
To keep this thread going. We have been trying to work out where and when to go on our annual family holiday. Pretty much decided in the last few days. Plan to leave in the next 2-3 weeks for 3-5 weeks for a trip up the centre Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, East/West Mac Rangers. Depending on time maybe do Darwin aswell. I have never been up that way before so it's time I did. Time to get some solid planning in place I guess.
If your going that way @Tone might as well keep going to Darwin due Mataranka and bitter springs and Katherine gorge etc as for Yulara caravan park it's pricey for what you get and lots of school kids on bus trips but well behaved just made the amenities times a bit hit and miss ie girls taking long showers etc. lots of free camps along the way got to do it at least once

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
@Tone the problem is if you get to Darwin you want to Mataranka, Katherine, Litchfield and Kakadu.
Drive through Devils Marbles etc
So have to work out how long you have and how many long drive days :)
Not sure I would ever drive after dark its not the roos its the black cows that take you out. Saw enough giant road kill every day.

Depending how long you want to stay at the Rock/Olgas and east/west Mac.
Our kids enjoyed half a day at Gemtree and Alice worth a day at least.
You doing Coober Pedy? That was a couple of days at least if you want to drive up the breakaway's

Yes when I got to three ways I really wanted to turn right was so tempted.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
We were originally thinking of doing the Gibb with a mate who is leaving next week, and catch up with @Smergen on the way through but decided that we weren't set up to do the trip. I think just doing Alice area properly would be the best use of time and not having to rush. I think doing Darwin area on its own would take all of 4 weeks anyway. To many places to see in this country and such a big place.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We were originally thinking of doing the Gibb with a mate who is leaving next week, and catch up with @Smergen on the way through but decided that we weren't set up to do the trip. I think just doing Alice area properly would be the best use of time and not having to rush. I think doing Darwin area on its own would take all of 4 weeks anyway. To many places to see in this country and such a big place.
yes lots to do up the top end..
I really wanted to do the lap next year saved up Long service and have 40 days leave at the moment.
Although Luke's in grade 6 so idea been put on hold to who knows when now :( He be in Year 7 the year after then Connors in Grade 6 and then year 7 :(

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
I really wanted to do the lap next year saved up Long service and have 40 days leave at the moment.
Although Luke's in grade 6 so idea been put on hold to who knows when now :( He be in Year 7 the year after then Connors in Grade 6 and then year 7 :(
Boarding school would solve the problem. Lol.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Id love to do a trip to camerons corner and take my time doing it but when ??????????
For now nothing planed but going back to coffs harbor for christmas nice place great weather well last year was and fantastic fishing
Have to find somewhere for cup weekend
Weekends down the coast when weather is a bit warmer

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Just do it @davemc ! Found our boys didn't miss a thing really. But then we were only gone for term 3. Year 7 isn't anything drastic to miss out on, It's 10, 11 and 12 that are the crunch years.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Hi @Bluey, we will be at Ballina from the 16th to 21st December but that's a bit further north than you are planning.
Mmmmmmm bit tight we get to coffs 22nd till the 6th then 6th till 12th forster i can see forster being better with camping on beach front and having the boat and ramp next door a boating haven but looking forward to red rock a few days there only half hr from van park come on @Drover what about a day trip how far is it from you

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
I am in Coffs Harbour from 27the Dec to 5th Jan and then heading north after that. We can try and catch up this time as we missed out last year. We stay at the Park Beach Holiday Park
Yes you forgot about me
We will try maybe come for a blast in the boat mite get up early take you to red rock ??????