trips in the planning

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Has any one stayed at any parks around Lake Macquarrie if you spell it like that thinking of a extra weeks stay on way home ... the lake would suit my boat very nicely ..... lots of parks around it

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Wangi Wangi, Belmont Pines and Swansea Gardens are all great parks
We chose belmont pines a lake side site there for 5 nights on way home should be good with the inflatable and we never have had a good look around there hope the weather is on our side i hear it gets blown out being on the lake we wont be going home via dubbo like we allways do will catch up with brother another time

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Our next trip we are in the planning for is up to Birdsville - Lawn Hill - Cape York may be Old Tele Track or some of it. Traveling with friends from Warrnambool aswell. We just picked up a new camper trailer yesterday to do the trip not taking Expanda this trip.

Attachments

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Labour day comming up dont know about other states but here a long weekend march 10....11... 12th labour day rdo 13th so booked in today at Long Jetty van park Port Welshpool should be good close to Wilson's Prom do a day trip to there and another day looking around the place few little coastle towns to check out never stayed out that way before

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Also booked today 7.nights at Ocean beach Umina NMRA 5th till the 12th of Jan after forster we get there the 22nd dec after being told by other campers you will never get a site here over christmas and new year well we have so in your face other trenched in campers who think they own the place im in a good site too
Mite finnish off with a few nights at NMRA Narrabean again not a bad spot before we leave Sydney hope to catch up with @warren cook this time after 2 years at coffs will be good not driving so far
So my christmas is all sorted my year will be better to cope with knowing i have this to look forward to i love forster

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
@Bluey Umina is 40 mins from us on the Coast, funny thing is when you mentioned Long Jetty that's 5 mins from us but it's a different Long Jetty I worked out. I can give you some tips when you head this way again if you are looking for something to do.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Our next trip we are in the planning for is up to Birdsville - Lawn Hill - Cape York may be Old Tele Track or some of it. Traveling with friends from Warrnambool aswell. We just picked up a new camper trailer yesterday to do the trip not taking Expanda this trip.
I like those Black Series units, very nice looking and very reasonably priced. Im considering buying one for my son and his family .... we may also get out in it

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Cameron's Corner.
I've been thinking about going to Cameron's Corner but just wondering if my standard Ford Ranger and my Touring Expanda will make the trip.?
or would I have to heavily modified the Ranger and the van?
Would be a great trip to do before the kids get to old.
We would take our time and make and make it a 2 week round trip seeing many other place a long the way.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Cameron's Corner.
I've been thinking about going to Cameron's Corner but just wondering if my standard Ford Ranger and my Touring Expanda will make the trip.?
or would I have to heavily modified the Ranger and the van?
Would be a great trip to do before the kids get to old.
We would take our time and make and make it a 2 week round trip seeing many other place a long the way.
Have a look at the group meet page, a few of us went there a couple of years ago, some good pictures as well. The only thing that may be a problem is the height if the roads are in poor condition, maybe look at under slinging the axel on the van and drive to the conditions you should be okay

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Thinking of doing a fair trip at easter on my way to eldee station
Melb to wilpena pound
The pound to arkaroola
Arkarolla to innamincka north from arkaroola to join the strezleki track then to go to Dig tree
Across to cameron corner
Then on silver city hwy to Packsaddle
Right turn on Ur26 road maybe Sanpha rd to Broughams gate then down to eldee station big trip i carnt seem to work out a map or its distance but its big a lot of DIRT roads we drove last year to Lynray station from eldee station following station owner doing 120 ks on very good smooth hard dirt without van for a day trip to dingo fence but i know all too well they wont all be like that ....
Here are some distance and time figures from google not sure how accurate they are
Melb ....wilpena 1162k 12hr ok
Wilpena to arkaroola 214 k 8 hr realy
Arkaroola to innaminka 445k 17hr wow
Innaminka to dig tree 116k 4hr yea ?
Arkaroola to cameron corner 382k 16hr
Packsaddle to broughams gate 99k 3 hr
Broughams gate to eldee station 103k 4hr
I know conditions change roads change
But towing a van has anyone done such roads and how was it
I know many here have been to the pound its more the road from arkaroola to strezleki track and across to the corner ........ the silver city hwy to the corner

Last edited: