Exterior Trigg Hitch question....

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Afternoon all, im after advise from the brains trust on an interesting find of mine...

I have just picked up my new Ranger, and as such am following thru with sorting it out for my panda, on removing my tow tongue off the ranger to fit my Trigg receiver for the van, I have found that it wont fit onto the tongue, for those that are familiar with the ranger tow bar/tongue set up, you would be aware that the tongue has a steel lip welded to both sides of the actual tongue...

Now my problem is the trigg receiver wont fit onto the tongue like it would for a normal type of tongue, the lips welded onto the ranger tongue prevent a snug fit, TBH it wont fit at all, and if I were to use it this way, I would be asking for trouble big time...so its a defo no go..

So my question is, is it as simple as chasing up a rated HR tow tongue as replacement which will allow me to fit my hitch receiver, and problem solved....or is there something else out there that can fix the prob...

I intend to give HR a call on Monday and see what they say, and then go from there, in the mean time though, if anybody has encountered the same or similar problem id be keen to hear how you may have sorted it out..

Any info is appreciated..

Rooster.....

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Roosterman if the tow bar receiver is 50mm square any 50mm "tongue" will fit. Just beware that some are rounded corners and some square so may need a touch up on the corners with a grinder to get them to fit!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just go and buy another tongue BCF or any of those places, nothing special is needed really..............Is your hitch the steel job or the cast job, I get Trig and Tregg mixed up...........................................2" not 50mm, even I don't have anything that old and I have some hitches from around 1978 off my old Cruiser.

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I also had a rather large collection of tow balls when I cleaned up things......also found a spare Trig mount.