Toyota 200 series owners

jdonly1

Dec 7, 2011
Bairnsdale Vic
Input guys,from those that have them:amen:
How are they all going,let me no the positives and negatives
Im looking at either a new GXL or a 2011 Sahara.......Will no today,just waiting on a phone call
I hope we get the sahara but some one else has first crack at it:frusty::frusty:

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Love it ! my only gripe is the for such a large an powerful car the GVM is unrealistic. We removed the rear seats, added Bull bar and winch with rope, Alloy roof rack, 3rd battery, fridge with drop slide and drawers, no water in tank and full of fuel with only me in the car and I have 90kg left.

Had a call from the engineer this week and he has the new compliance plate ready for collection for the GVM upgrade, other than that this is the first LC we have owned so all over the Hilux's we have had.

Christian

image0012 (4).jpg
image0001 (10).jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
How'd you go JD? Sorry only just saw this, as Christian said downright awesome vehicle. Few little things that can be annoying but are basically insignificant. Check the GVM upgrade laws, if you haven't already. In NSW you can't re GVM a vehicle after first Rego so what Christian done is not possible here, I don't know about VIC. In fact NSW dont even acknowledge interstate compliance plates, only federal! I would go new over secondhand even if it means losing some features. Biggest diff with The Sahara will be Getting the KDSS which is pretty good, the rests cosmetic.

Good luck

Reactions: Hubble80

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
I have a new GXL TTD and am stoked with it. Towing performance is second to none. I tow a 17-56.2OB and it just eats the big hills!!!

The only drama I have is that the tongue for the tow hitch (Genuine Toyota) is sloppy in the receiver causing the hitch to bounce over bumps. Looking at fixes for this though.

I upgraded from a 2011 TD 150 Prado, the Prado had more tech features but nothing you can't really live without. I would have liked a trip computer in the 200 though...

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I have a new GXL TTD and am stoked with it. Towing performance is second to none. I tow a 17-56.2OB and it just eats the big hills!!!

The only drama I have is that the tongue for the tow hitch (Genuine Toyota) is sloppy in the receiver causing the hitch to bounce over bumps. Looking at fixes for this though.

I upgraded from a 2011 TD 150 Prado, the Prado had more tech features but nothing you can't really live without. I would have liked a trip computer in the 200 though...

Get a scangauge2. Much more accurate trip gauge than Toyota provide in the VX anyhow and will also provide transmission temperatures as well which is important towing IMO.