14' Series Top bunk concerns

MeganJ

Jan 27, 2016
Adelaide
Hi all. Received our new van yesterday and love it. However I've just been out making up the bunk beds and when climbing on the ladder to make up the top bed the wardrobe end of the bed was creaking a fair bit as when I got on the bed. I notice up the stove end there is a plinth attaching the underneath of the bed to the kitchen wall divider, but nothing on the underneath at the end where the wardrobe wall divider is. Is this the same as the others? I'm concerned the bed is going to fall down. BTW I'm only 63kgs so I would hope bed has a greater weight rating than that...

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
I am north of 90kg but south of 100kg:concern: and have been up on the bunk to make the bed and clean etc and haven't noticed any creaking. It is too hard to get into our van at the moment to check on cabinet construction so hopefully someone else can jump in.

Reactions: MeganJ

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
Very simple structures like these are going to make noise, because they are going to move. That's just the engineering limitations of trying to build minimalist things like caravan interiors. I would not be concerned if I were you.

Reactions: MeganJ

MeganJ

Jan 27, 2016
Adelaide
Yes hopefully I'm just being paranoid..... I've called the dealer this afternoon to express my concerns and am waiting fur them to get back to me

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I reckon you need reassurance.

If in doubt about the safety, pass it over to the dealer.

Or....you all go on a massive diet to get to 30kgs where you feel it's safe.

Ted farkas

Oct 5, 2014
Im around 85 kegs - slept up there multiple times on our half lap, when the daughter got homesick. No problems. Quite comfy actually.