Thunder Mountain Lives

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just reading before seems they still gave whincup the flag and that the appeal has a chance so I'll just make a mockery of it more. Seems the officials said the penalty wasn't for the aftermath but the first event. Now Kelly got ten secs for not redressing and whincup got 15 for redressing so it'll be interesting to see the appeal if it's logical.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks for the tag @17triton... Finally home on a big day on the road coming back... I'll provide a full report and opinion over the next few days, but too tired now. If you look closely though at this pic you can see me...

Capture.JPG

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Well.......where is he?

I can't spot him at all.

;):(

Whoops!

:focus:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK... so a full write up is probably not required now, given we're already into the following round, but here's a couple of pics from the weekend that people might enjoy.

Camp Tekno
005.JPG

Having to share some floor space with Channel 10.
06.JPG 07.JPG

The one, the only "Tekno Barrel" in full swing, as it was every night.
09.jpg

A couple of my favourite pics of the Bathurst winning car my brother and his team built.
11.jpg 12.JPG 99.JPG

The TCM's were amazing in sight and sound...
25.JPG

The Hornet was amazing as usual
27.JPG

And yep, I managed to snag the best seat in the house for the post race celebrations... that was until the security caught up with me...
31.JPG

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
anyone.............?

Sorry mate, missed that one in a booze filled Bathurst induced coma of awesomeness...

Redressing is an act of "self policing" in that you acknowledge that you gained an advantage through either a mistake or dangerous driving that affected or disadvantage someone else.

It works in theory if you are the only cars in the area. I like it when it's only panel and pride damage and it encourages people to make moves. But where it causes problems is when there are others around. As was the case with Whincup/Tander/McLaughlin.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Hey guys,
I am planning on going back to Bathurst this year but this time I want to setup the Expanda in the camping area behind the paddock. The camping tickets go on sale next week and I am hoping the snap up a couple of good sites. Does anyone have a map of the camp area which shows the site numbers etc. I want something to reference when ordering tickets.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Believe it or not Vere I had a map of the Paddock somewhere. I'll check the hard drive we are travelling with and see if it's on there. Otherwise I should have it in an email from last year.

At any rate, I doubt you'll get much choice if you aren't already renewing your site (which if was the case, why would you ask for a map?? der Smergs...)
I'll see what I can find

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I can't resist......

Does Thunder mountain have plenty of thunder boxes?

Reactions: bigcol