18' Series Thoughts about warranty repairs

Nathan

May 1, 2014
Hi all,
First time poster long time follower, just wanted people's opinions. Not going to name dealer but we have an 18.57.9OB. Bought it in December 13, and we loved it. Problem we are having is we sent it back for warranty work back in April 2014 for an issue with the floor. We also requested the main bench top be looked at. The dealer was happy to assist with the issues. Unfortunately the floor was inadequately repaired via laying a second layer of vinyl over the top which is apparently a very common fix, which was done very average. The bench top was fobbed off as nah can't see anything. Under our main kitchen table there were a few bubbles in the vinyl to which we were told it's not a high traffic area so you won't really notice it.
Unhappy with this we returned the van to the dealer in November and readdressed our concerns. They agreed to redo the floor and do the bench top. They started the repairs on the 5th of March and we are still awaiting completion. Does this seem overly long, or am I impatient. After 18 months of ownership it's been back for around 5 months now.

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Hi
If its the dealer I'm thinking of, I don't go there!
Does seem an excessive amount of time, would definitly be making it my business to find out what the hell is going on!

P.S. Also, as far as I know, the vinyl floor is laid down before anythng else goes in the van so everything is built on top of it

EDIT: Just read your other threads, maybe a quick email or phone call to Jayco HQ to air your concerns could help!

cheers

Reactions: crackacoldie

Nathan

May 1, 2014
its unfortunate but yes i agree hamish. jayco hq just fobbed it off. have been chasing up reguarly with the dealer in the area. after pulling my hair out i spoke to fair trading this afternoon and have been advised to take it further.