17' Series Thinking of jumping ship after show today the 5 month old 17.56.1 might up for sale

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Mate, we have no racial predjuces here, :becky: we can happily talk to all van owners and I am sure that members here could offer suggestions to improve any brand of van. :lock1:

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
If I don't by a jayco do I get kicked of this forum ?really liked a full van with triple bunks ,it will be heavy and make the navara suck the diesel

We won't kick you off we like all vans :).....

I think its a natural progression to get an expanda then move onto something else.

We have had two camper trailers, a tent, two expandas and are now moving onto a Discovery to move away from the canvas.

We also considered a big 24" van with triple bunks, ensuite etc but decided on the discovery for now.

So what are you looking at????

Don't think it will be very hard to sell th 17" they are the most popular model it seems at the moment :).

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Ha........we did the exact opposite.
We went from a full size van with triple bunks to the Expanda.
The last time we went away in our old van I decided enough was enough when I watched my then 11yo daughter try and climb into the middle bunk.
She is quite tall for her age and I described it as watching a giraffe trying to fit through a coathanger..............arms and legs everywhere....hehe

My oldest son also got sick of having to get on his hands and knees to crawl into the bottom bunk which was at floor level.
There's much more sleeping room in the Expanda.
All 5 of us couldn't fit at the table in our old van but we can in the Expanda......win win..

This was my old van.
IMG_2032.jpg

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
http://creativecaravans4u.com.au/grant-tourer/family-designer-series/ this is the van where looking at it is a grant tourer made by creative caravans ,toying up with 2 suspension packages either simplicity $2500or control rider $3500. Any feed back would be great as we need it to be sufficient for gibb river rd and cape leveque.
Matty with the van u had how doesthe fuel consumption compare with your current expanda. Thanks.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
That van is almost identical in interior layout to my old Galaxy. I'll post up some images when I get home, currently away for the long weekend.
The Galaxy was 20' external and whilst it was bigger externally it weighed approx 100kg less than my Expanda. Fuel consumption is on par with each.
Where the Expanda wins is interior space. The Galaxy was 19'6" internal whereas the 17' external Expanda when opened has 25' of internal space. My teenage daughter now has a double bed to herself and the boys have a full bunk each. Much better.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
As far as suspension goes, I can't comment but I will say this, mine has standard solid axles in the outback format
and I took mine along the GRR and half way up Cape Leveque (you can't take vans all the way to the top, only camper trailers). If I was to do that trip again I would option the van with either suspension type, just for piece of mind rather than anything else.