Interior Thetford toilet issue

Lach

Jul 31, 2016
Sydney
hi guys. Loo not working and having trouble getting help so hoping you can help me.

Toilet is not flushing:
1 fuse not blown and pump is working - I can hear it whirring
2 flush water indicator shows empty
3 flush water fill up point is full to brim
4 has been used maybe 5 times since filling flush water

Appears to me a blockage between the fill point and the tank where the pump is located.
Idea if or how this is possible.

Any thoughts?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
long shot, but could be the swarf from when they drilled the holes in the tank, may have been sucked into the pump

only thing I could think of is............(I dont have one remember, so am only guessing)

turn off pump,
unplug line from flush tank
get someone to turn on pump and if water is coming through - great
if not, turn off pump and start from the tank, checking if water coming through at each of the joins in the line
if thats all ok

must be the flush tank itself

now I really wouldn't know, but maybe drain it some how and see if it re-fills
if it does- great
now you know its the mechanism for the flush itself

that bit you will have to look at and try and determine, as I said - I wouldn't have a clue

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
First off if you don't have the manual for it download it from the Thetford site it details how to pull things apart and some troubleshooting things.............sounds like one of 2 things,

1.......pick up is blocked which could be from scum which can occur this is possibly where the pump and pick up line join so you can try pulling out the pump and seeing if the line is clogged.......might even be able to plug a hose on and reverse flush from there also.........

2........the above hose may have fallen off so pump is sucking air, if no water droplets from pump when you run it in place then this could be likely.

The manual shows you how to remove and get at the stuff, drain the flush tank etc........When not in use for a few months best to drain the flush tank.

If you can't get a manual give us a yell and I might still have a link.

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
hi guys. Loo not working and having trouble getting help so hoping you can help me.

Toilet is not flushing:
1 fuse not blown and pump is working - I can hear it whirring Good start
2 flush water indicator shows empty Tank is empty, fill tank
3 flush water fill up point is full to brim This is always full due to the angle it sits at, mine is
4 has been used maybe 5 times since filling flush water

Appears to me a blockage between the fill point and the tank where the pump is located.
Idea if or how this is possible.

Any thoughts?

You need to see a level in the sight glass, fill the tank till you see a level and I think you will be fine.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well spotted @Axl , of course the fill pipe for the flush tank will always have water in it even when empty, go by the sight tube to make sure it's full.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Had exactly the same thing in our van on its second outting.
Waste tank empty, flush tank 3/4 full (could see the water in the sight gauge). Wouldn't bloody flush. Took it back to Jayco Sydney under warranty (couple of other issues as well). They said they applied compressed air into the water outlet (at the top of the bowl) to clear the blockage. Now flushes 10x better than what it did new, I think there was always something restricting the flow.
I did question the service advisor on where the gunk blocking the tube is now? As I assume it's back in the flush tank. She said she'd let me know.... Although never did! They never actually removed anything, just hit it with air so will see how long it remains clear.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
A tip we were given to help with checking the toilet sight gauge.

Use the silly pink stuff that was supplied with the van. Just add a bit to the sight tank when you fill it and it's a lot easier to read.

Doesn't help fix the loo but makes it easier to see what's not wrong.

Lach

Jul 31, 2016
Sydney
Thanks all and quite correct, the flush fill point looks full even when tank is empty. Just got to keep adding water to get it to flow over the inlet point into the fill tank.

All good now. Thanks all for responses. Much appreciated.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Just got to keep adding water to get it to flow over the inlet point into the fill tank.
What I do @Lach is lift and hold the end of the inlet up when filling the flush tank. This helps the water flow into the tank easier and you can also see when the water is starting to bank up when almost full.

Reactions: KECL and bigcol