The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I thought I'd get the ball rolling on a new thread about what you got upto on the weekend, whether it was away in your Expanda,modifying it or something different.

For me this past weekend it was time to head for the hills in the Vic High Country with some mates to do some 4WDriving and exploring in the Big River area. The Expanda was left in the shed and the double swag was thrown in. Here is a couple of random pics I took over the weekend.

043.jpg
This shot was taken from the top of a hill we just decended after leaving Mt Terrible.
078.jpg
We stopped here on Helipad that underneath has a Fire Bunker
032.jpg
Parked at Mt Matlock
084.jpg

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Top stuff Cruza!

We went to Currarong, top spot i must say. We set up near the kids jumping ballon, and the kids had a blast. Also lots of beatiful beaches and creeks to explore as well.

The highlight was exploring the military reserve that is open on weekend. We spotted heaps of whale off the point perpendicular light house and found a great new camp site at Honeymoon bay.

Can't wait to go back!

point perp.JPGcurrarong beach.JPGhoneymoon bay2.JPGhoneymoon bay.JPGcurrarong1.JPG

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Deni Trip

Took the 16.49-2 for its shakedown trip this weekend to Deniliquin Big 4 on the Edwards River - great spot!
img_2671.jpgimg_2670.jpg
Met the wife's family there, they stayed in cabins overlooking the river.
img_2672.jpgimg_2673.jpg
Van traveled well and set up was much easier than the 08 Swan OB, one of the reasons we upgraded. Did discover however that we had lost the nut from the knob that holds the upper bar of the Carefree awning during travel, it mustn't have been tightend before we left. Has this happened to anyone else before?
img_2698.jpgimg_2697.jpg
Kids had a great time feeding the possums that came out just on dark, as you can see they were very friendly. The park cat was also a hit with the kids!
img_2695.jpgimg_2690.jpg
Can not speak highly enough of the service we received at the park and highly recommend it - we will certainly be back - next time with the boat to land a big cod!
The trip home provided an opportunity for a detour to Picninc Point, just off the Cobb Highway at Mathoura for a BBQ and a fish at the start of the Narrows - part of the Murray that leads into the Barmah Lake system. The river is much narrower here and runs a lot faster - will be the starting point for a tinny run with the swag I have planned in the next couple of weeks all the way back into Echuca - just a shame its closed season for Cod now until December - still theres plenty of Yella's to be caught! Kids were excited to see a lizard sunning itself by the river, looks like a large skink. Unfortunately, fish were not biting!
img_2706.jpgimg_2704.jpgimg_2703.jpgimg_2701.jpgimg_2707.jpg

Reactions: Bluey

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Looks like a great weekend away Triton, Deni is a nice spot too!

What did I do this weekend? I built a veggie garden :peep: I really need to get the Expanda out again :whistle:

Reactions: Antman

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Did discover however that we had lost the nut from the knob that holds the upper bar of the Carefree awning during travel, it mustn't have been tightend before we left. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Can you explain exactly which nuts these are? Thanks

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Richard, the top spreader bar of the awning that runs from the side of the van to the end of the awning is held in place by a threaded knob that threads onto a nut housed inside the bar.
I set the awning up for the first time last weekend after we picked the van up and mustn't have tightened it properly when I pulled the awning down. It must have worked itself loose and the nut dislodged. Probably a miracle the knob didn't fall off as well! Put it down to experience!:frusty:

Reactions: richard

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Richard, the top spreader bar of the awning that runs from the side of the van to the end of the awning is held in place by a threaded knob that threads onto a nut housed inside the bar.
I set the awning up for the first time last weekend after we picked the van up and mustn't have tightened it properly when I pulled the awning down. It must have worked itself loose and the nut dislodged. Probably a miracle the knob didn't fall off as well! Put it down to experience!:frusty:
Yep I've done that too :tape: I got a new nut insert when it was back at Jayco. They normally say you have to buy a new knob to get the nut but they had a nut in stock so all was good.

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
I spent saturday emptying and cleaning our 2002 Swan getting ready for sale. Mixed emotions, as love the van which is our first, but equally getting very excited about the new arrival in November. We are going to put in on caravancampingsales.com.au, is this the best way to sell or trading post / ebay ?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I know what you mean by mixed emotions when selling an old camper that has generated so many great memories, we have done it twice. Once was with a soft floor then again with our OB Hawk.

We sold the Hawk on the Trading Post web site and it only took 4 days, it was this time last year and I think the timing must have been right also with the weather starting to warm up and school holidays approaching.

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
If anyone is able to source the nut on its own, can you please let me know where you get them from. I have contacted the dealer and have had to buy the knob as well. Was told I had to get it as a set and that the nut cannot be sourced from a hardware store etc.
I would like to get a few spare nuts to keep in the van in case. At least now I will have a spare knob as well:der:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
If anyone is able to source the nut on its own, can you please let me know where you get them from. I have contacted the dealer and have had to buy the knob as well. Was told I had to get it as a set and that the nut cannot be sourced from a hardware store etc.
I would like to get a few spare nuts to keep in the van in case. At least now I will have a spare knob as well:der:
I'm not to sure where my dealer got the nut but thats where I got mine from from, maybe contact carefree and see what they say.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well inspired by the many boys weekends Cruza takes, i organised one of my own with a few mates and their brand new 4wd utes into the Bendethra Valley. No campers, just 3 4wds, 8 guys, lots of beer and ice and tents all round.

Haven't done something like this in years (since before kids), i had a blast.

Copy of P9040328.JPGCopy of P9020276.JPGCopy of P9030302.JPGP9020259.JPGCopy of P9030314.JPGCopy of P9020283.JPG

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
That looks awesome Moto......I'm inspired even more now to organise that boys trip away without the van - need to stop talking about doing a tinny run with the swag down the Murray and do it:high5:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hey Moto looks like by the pics you had a great weekend. The Patrol really looks at home in the bush its good to see it getting used for what its built for :rockon: The river crossing pic is a ripper :first:

I really like that colour too , not to many around like that.

Reactions: crackacoldie