The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
We went exploring some campsites and a little 4x4 along The Old Coach Rd that runs from Princetown through to Moonlight Heads on the Great Ocean Rd. Found a couple of nice spots at Johanna and Aires Inlet. We also went to Cape Otway lighthouse $50 for a family to get in was a bit rich so we passed and checked a beautiful spot called Blanket Bay pretty tight not recommended for vans but I'd give it a go.
IMG_6098.JPG

Aire Inlet
IMG_6089.JPG

Blanket Bay in front of campsite.

IMG_6099.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_1838.PNG

Couple of drone videos.

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We went exploring some campsites and a little 4x4 along The Old Coach Rd that runs from Princetown through to Moonlight Heads on the Great Ocean Rd. Found a couple of nice spots at Johanna and Aires Inlet. We also went to Cape Otway lighthouse $50 for a family to get in was a bit rich so we passed and checked a beautiful spot called Blanket Bay pretty tight not recommended for vans but I'd give it a go.
View attachment 56915
Aire Inlet
View attachment 56914

Blanket Bay in front of campsite.

View attachment 56917

View attachment 56918

View attachment 56920
Couple of drone videos.

Have you stacked the drone yet ... or have you not been trying hard enough

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Not as yet. Flying around with my mates up at the same time was a bit nervy
I stacked mine again a few weeks back down at the farm, getting chased by a huge Eagle and misjudged my skill, the ground, the speed and the compounding effects of hysterical panic on all of the above.

Only bounced it off the ground in the end and flipped it on its head ... ultimately no damage

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I stacked mine again a few weeks back down at the farm, getting chased by a huge Eagle and misjudged my skill, the ground, the speed and the compounding effects of hysterical panic on all of the above.

Only bounced it off the ground in the end and flipped it on its head ... ultimately no damage

Do you have the footage? :biggrin-new:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
No, Id stopped filming before the pursuit commenced. I was filming up north when I stacked it into a tree and it dropped it into the river, but for whatever reason it didn't capture the last 5 sec which was the best bit smashing into the tree and sinking

I have another video where I flew over the croc infested Roper River dead straight directly toward a tree branch over hanging some distance over the river. In crappy reflective light Its sometimes difficult to see detail on the screen and I seen the branch at the last second ... and the video shows some awesome panicked maneuvering just missing branches. I dig it out and post it up for a laugh

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Beautiful Buley Rockhole in Litchfield NP, the missing final 5 seconds is the stack into a tree followed by dropping into the river which resulted in a world record 100yard rock sprint to recover the drone

Awesome save over the Croc infested Roper River, where a dunk in that river would remained dunked

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
LMAO. Not sure I need to fly more than a couple of km away. Haven't had a problem with signal.
Provides a stronger more stable signal even within girlie range. Ive had quite a few of disconnections well under 500mtrs. I tested the bonus range using that plastic thing, flying straight out to sea .... $hat myself at 3km and turned it around. Still had strong signal tho .... just not a strong heart.

Reactions: bigcol and Tone

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Provides a stronger more stable signal even within girlie range. Ive had quite a few of disconnections well under 500mtrs. I tested the bonus range using that plastic thing, flying straight out to sea .... $hat myself at 3km and turned it around. Still had strong signal tho .... just not a strong heart.
Maybe you should start a drone thread or did you do this on the weekend ???? Its not the weekend yet i click on to see what you did on the not yet weekend and find drone chat
Im not the thread police but would like to see more drone crash footage its only friday night so done nothing this weekend yet but complain LOL

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Maybe you should start a drone thread or did you do this on the weekend ???? Its not the weekend yet i click on to see what you did on the not yet weekend and find drone chat
Im not the thread police but would like to see more drone crash footage its only friday night so done nothing this weekend yet but complain LOL
I think both those crashes occurred on "a" weekend @Bluey and besides that, I am the "Phantom Thread Hijacker"

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I think both those crashes occurred on "a" weekend @Bluey and besides that, I am the "Phantom Thread Hijacker"
Id like to see on a weekend someone filming the drone from the ground as it flys and then crashes to the ground now that would be good footage just watched on utube top 10 rocket disasters now thats good footage but unfortunately the shuttle was in there what a shame that was so sad

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

this was a couple of weekends ago @Bluey but watch from 2.09 to 2.30

Reactions: Bluey

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Was hoping to go away for an extended weekend next week but the weather is not looking all that good. Even considered going back to Warrnambool after a great time there over Easter but 13 and showers on Friday is not all that appealing!

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Was hoping to go away for an extended weekend next week but the weather is not looking all that good. Even considered going back to Warrnambool after a great time there over Easter but 13 and showers on Friday is not all that appealing!
Just do it dont relay on the forcast