The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Got around to altering the side gate at our new home so I could bring the expands back to its new resting spot.

IMG_0381.JPG

And it fitted where I wanted it.

Then it was time to look at the sealant on the roof, or the lack of now. No wonder it was leaking. Pulled out a heap of very dry silicon and replaced. Hopefully we stay dry next time

Reactions: 1DayIll and bigcol

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Mine has no power to the internal lights on the ceiling, had a quick look and discovered the same silicone problem. I am assuming (hoping) they have joins somewhere under the silicone, I patched it up where it was leaking and will pull it all out once the house in finished and we are not living in it. Did you see any wiring @crackacoldie when you pulled the old silicon out?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Mine has no power to the internal lights on the ceiling, had a quick look and discovered the same silicone problem. I am assuming (hoping) they have joins somewhere under the silicone, I patched it up where it was leaking and will pull it all out once the house in finished and we are not living in it. Did you see any wiring @crackacoldie when you pulled the old silicon out?
Sorry Dave, didn't see any, other than solar panel wiring through the roof

Reactions: DRW

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Good day had today
Went to Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale went to a market at point lonsdale very good took kids to beach nice spot with the rip ... port phillip heads ..... climbing on rocks walking out on the peirs weather was great watched steam train go past at queenscilff kids loved that caught the lift up to the look out tower didnt need the climb on the stairs nice pies for lunch And on the way found this out front for sale on a farm so i brought it 1500 for boat... trailor... and motor it started easy but mmmmm its an old motor but its still a good price now we can take a boat away with us need a fold up trailor and a newish motor the trailor i will use at home so i think im happy has a good 4 or 5 peice wooden floor could easy fit alloy one but the wood allows me to screw straps into floor to hold stuff like plastic boxes down for anchor safety gear and what eva else about 3.5 meters long blow up keel and floor but hard floor to walk on and helps stableize the boat will fold it up put it roof rack of prado need a new light weight 9.9 or 15 hp
20170813_164036.jpg 20170813_164058.jpg
It will do for a start see how it goes should be able to get a few feed of flatys in this and at 40 bucks a kilo wont take long to pay for its self
Heres some pics of the area @Merv-mart for you up and comming visit we go here a bit its very nice 1 hr or so from melb
20170813_125358.jpg 20170813_124424.jpg 20170813_140749.jpg 20170813_140756.jpg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
left Friday morning to go to Vaughan Springs for the weekend.
Nice weather until Sunday morning when the wind stepped up a notch or two.

The chippie was working overtime making tea, coffee, hamburgers, rissoles, breakfast muffins, toast, damper, and heating up water for washing and washing up. Arguably the best damper yet.

Tried out my home-made grey water tote. Need to find an elbow connector: 3/4" BSP Male to 3/4" BSP Female so the hose connects to the lid from the side.

Birds everywhere.

Walked along the Goldfields track. The wattle blooms were really spectacular.

Headed back Sunday morning. Stopped for lunch at Malmsbury so we could take a look at the 5-span railway viaduct.

cheers
Mike
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With the sun shining and after a morning on the beach I cleaned out my shed and did a bit of remodelling and when I put the Old Ute back in the shed I realized I had made my very own Drive In with handy beer fridge and micro wave........I truly astound myself sometimes..........

Just sit back and watch the Footy...................................
driveIn.jpg

After a nice morning watching the waves........
Beachday.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh !!!!! and bugga all fishing as the flamin weed is back along the beaches..........................really Pee'd off..............

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
With the sun shining and after a morning on the beach I cleaned out my shed and did a bit of remodelling and when I put the Old Ute back in the shed I realized I had made my very own Drive In with handy beer fridge and micro wave........I truly astound myself sometimes..........

Just sit back and watch the Footy...................................View attachment 56895

After a nice morning watching the waves........View attachment 56896
I can say with some confidence that you have made a few stupid decisions in your illustrious life, but moving to Rainbow was most certainly not one of them.

Ive suffered from only two crippling sad moments in my life, my puppy being run over and having to look at your "local turf" pics. Medication will fix one, a baseball bat the other.

Your, good Sir have earned the following along with a rousing rendition of he's a jolly good fellow.

awesomeperson.jpg
(My god, how I wish I was there, not catching any fish, annoying you in person ........ and drinking your booze (without you knowing))

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ok sorry @bigcol i was a bit cold my shivering pushed to many rrrrrrrs
So we went to Warberton caravan park very nice its at the bottom of Mt Donna Buang the top is 15mins from van park .... great park new toilets river running on edge of park will go back in the summer it was a bit soggy but the get a lot of rain there and being so close to the snow .....
We went saturday arvo 330pm to the top easy car park good walk around kids had a bit of play and making snow man left 530 saw 4 lyer birds on way down never seen them before in the wild
Sunday morning got there 830am car park allready filling up but got a great park ..... we left 1130 car parks full to the brim as we drove down theres 3 car parks the last one id say 1 km from top car park so meny people walking up many with kids carrying them .... little ones walking it was sad to see as the parents would have had a full on day walking up and back many cars as well just waiting for a park i heard up to 2.5 hrs just to get a park
But the sun was out great day mite put all this on a trip report to guide people who want to go to snow as its free to go up and camping over night is the best to beat crowds
20170910_094753.jpg
20170910_102948.jpg
20170910_103002.jpg 20170910_094805.jpg 20170909_163158.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mite put all this on a trip report to guide people who want to go to snow as its free to go up and camping over night is the best to beat crowds

yes please

one day I plan on getting over there, and it would be lovely to see...........

have a mate that lives in the Vic High Country somewhere....... keeps telling me to come over with my Patrol.........

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
we went to Mount Franklin Reserve for four days over the weekend.
Another first: camping inside an ?extinct? volcano!

Started off being wet, overcast, cold, and miserable. But the weather improved each day. On our last day, Sunday, the weather was great. Although the 1.9C in the morning was a bit cold. More so since the previous afternoon a Winnebago pulled up near us and ran a very annoying heater until 10pm and on again at 6am. It sounded like the bearings on the fan were dry and on their way out. We only hope it was more annoying for them in the van then it was for us. On Saturday night, there were over 30 people camping in over 20 vehicles and the heater in this van was the only noise in the entire campground. Otherwise it was a great weekend and we discovered yet another place in Victoria we are looking forward to visiting again.

The campground is in the crater were once were a few gold mines in the past. You enter via a breach in the volcano wall. There is a walk that goes around the top of the crater. The road coming up has superb views over the surrounding country side. Plenty of birds: cockatoos, magpies, carrawongs, rosellas, robins and a few others we could not see well enough to name.

Chippie worked well and now has boiled eggs and toast in its breakfast menu.

Sun is getting better as winter disappears. Got maximum current, Isc, out of the 40W solar panel in clear sky on Sunday morning: 2.22A.

Here are a few photos. I hope you enjoy them.

Happy Penguin:
IMG_4562.JPG

Walking path around the crater:
IMG_4560.JPG

View of the surrounding countryside from the entrance road:
IMG_4563.JPG

Flame Robin:
IMG_0034.JPG

Last edited: