The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Thanks guys! Sure is nice to get away with some mates i haven't seen in a long time. Hard thing to do once the kids come into your life.

Cruza i am so glad i kept the Patrol, i was this close to selling it last month.

Lift time i think:rockon:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
HHHHMMMM, how did I miss this thread, all looks good guys, Bendethra HHHHMMMM haven't been there since,, errrrr no thats a story for another time,,

My weekends of late, dull and boring doing home stuff and work:frown:

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Mopped the floors cause the missus is away & she has written me a list of jobs to do ! :-(

That besides Barra fishing , chasing pigs during the cane cutting season & sorting prices for after market extras on our newly ordered 76 series Landcruiser due in December.
I love Santa Clause !!!!!! Lol ! :))

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Did discover however that we had lost the nut from the knob that holds the upper bar of the Carefree awning during travel, it mustn't have been tightend before we left. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Footnote: Ordered and received the set of knobs and nuts today to replace $24 + $7 postage........message to self.....tighten the xxxxxx's up next time!:jaw:

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
This weekend we have been busy getting everything ready for our maiden trip next Thursday (3 night stay in Queenscliff, Vic).

I made some shelves to go into both cupboards (out of 12mm MDF board) and they came up a treat.
I made some supports out of treated pine and screwed them to the sides of the cupboards near each corner (at 370mm height intervals) and then cut the MDF shelves to fit.
The shelves can be taken in and out very easily and has made the Wife very happy.

We plan to use the rear bed for our 14 month-old and as we don't want him to fall out of bed at night (or crawl out) I have used one side of a wooden play pen which acts as a lightweight and portable barrier for the opening to the bed (between the rear cupboard and the end wall of the bunks). This will also double as a play pen for him during the day. Works like a charm!
We were originally going to use the lower bunk and the only thing we found that was suitable as a barrier (without manufacturing something) was the Dometic bunk bed net, but at $150 it was an expensive solution. Using the rear bed with the play pen barrier works really well and cost about $8 (the cost of the two bolt locks being used to keep the top of the barrier secured).

I will post some pics up soon (for those that may be interested) :)

All we need now is for the rainy weather to hit early in the week so come Thursday we get some decent weather....LOL

Dave

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Went away in the expanda to Theresa Creek Dam in QLD. Fantastic weather, bit cold at night but otherwise great!!! Expanda was awesome, shouldn't park in the shade until I get my external solar panels wired in, but thats what you get when you set up in the dark!
IMG_0058.JPGIMG_0059.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0062.JPG

EDIT:
Just saw the news.. Clermont, QLD (10mins away from Theresa Creek) broke a 100year record -1Deg... What?????

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I spent most of the weekend pressure cleaning the roof :wacko: but at least I wont have to do it for a couple more years. :lol:

It was on the ''to do list'' At least now I can tick it off :violin: :smile:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Dropped the expanda off to Canberra for its first service and to get a long list of warranty issues repaired. The guys at Canberra have been awesome!

While there we took the kids to cockington green, they had fun, but what a rip off!

Look forward to getting the van back so we can go away again!

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Dropped the expanda off to Canberra for its first service and to get a long list of warranty issues repaired. The guys at Canberra have been awesome!

While there we took the kids to cockington green, they had fun, but what a rip off!

Look forward to getting the van back so we can go away again!

Hey Moto what did they end up doing with your number plate? ours will be going in for it's first service after the school holidays (got next week off so out we go :) )

I spent Saturday wiring in my new 150w solar panel, hopefully it will keep up with the kids .... they seem to drain power like they do my wallet :)

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey Moto what did they end up doing with your number plate? ours will be going in for it's first service after the school holidays (got next week off so out we go :) )

I spent Saturday wiring in my new 150w solar panel, hopefully it will keep up with the kids .... they seem to drain power like they do my wallet :)

You are a gadget man boots, i love it!

Number plate is getting moved to underneath the rack (under the back wheel of the bike in the attached photo), in my opinion still not fully compliant to NSW road legislation, but much better than the current position so fingers crossed.
photo9.JPG

Jayco HQ have been of little help, but my dealer has been great looking into the problem for me. I feel sorry for the dealers who constantly get lumped with fixing the stuff ups from the factory. At least they get to charge Jayco for it.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
This weekend I visited the hospital and got 3 stitches in my forearm (dont ask) :bolt: I was in and out in 40min which is good I thought for a Sat arvo. :rockon:

On a postive note I replaced my popped airbag that got a hole in it on the last 4X4 trip.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Richard, the top spreader bar of the awning that runs from the side of the van to the end of the awning is held in place by a threaded knob that threads onto a nut housed inside the bar.
I set the awning up for the first time last weekend after we picked the van up and mustn't have tightened it properly when I pulled the awning down. It must have worked itself loose and the nut dislodged. Probably a miracle the knob didn't fall off as well! Put it down to experience!:frusty:

Just thought I would let you guys know that I found these parts on caravans plus. see the link below.

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_218

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
We took our Panda for her shake down trip.

We went about 1/2hr up the highway to Calliope River.

Nice spot to free camp and the markets were on too as an extra bonus.

Couldn't go fishing though, fishing ban :(

Crystalyn

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Hi Doogle, would be very interested to see some pics of the bed / play pen. We have same dilema with our 2 year old. Was planning to keep him in his travel cot on the lower bunk, but would be great if we can keep him at the bed end. I know he loves being there. That way we can keep the table in uses for our two daughters.

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
last weekend spent inYamba at the Blue Dolphin resort, we have waterfront spot september and new year though this was the last weekend ever in the OB Hawk 09, sunset on the last night was awsome so was theIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0804.jpg beer and flathead to go with it, matt