The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
spent the weekend camping at Butts Reserve in Maldon. Two days of Total Fire Ban.

Walked up to Tarrengower Tower and into town.
Nice meat pies at the Maldon Historic Bakery.
Added an Echidna to the list of wild animals we have seen.
No chippy stories due to the Total Fire Bans.

Enjoy the pictures.

cheers
Mike
IMG_4609.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
spent three days at Mount Alexander. 4C one night, 7C the next. The days weren't that much warmer. So I assume Summer is now over!
About eight other campers, all very well-behaved.
Cannot believe 15 months have passed since we were here last!
The views from the South lookout at Cockatoo Rocks are absolutely magnificent.

cheers
Mike
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4661.JPG
IMG_4662.JPG

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi,
spent three days at Mount Alexander. 4C one night, 7C the next. The days weren't that much warmer. So I assume Summer is now over!
About eight other campers, all very well-behaved.
Cannot believe 15 months have passed since we were here last!
The views from the South lookout at Cockatoo Rocks are absolutely magnificent.

cheers
MikeView attachment 60621View attachment 60625View attachment 60623View attachment 60624

Great pictures @mikerezny!! So you are no "tender foot camper"!! Welcome to the real world too. It is winter up here in Queensland as well, so don't think you have it on your own. Just got back from Jimna State Forest Park where we were for 6 days off grid. Mornings cool/cold? but clear, down to 4.5C under awning in mornings BUT warm sunny days with temps at 10.00am around 18C and reaching 24 to 25 C just after 1.30pm. Starts to drop quickly after 3.30pm though, so sitting around fire for a while is the way to go. This park is 600 metres above sea level on the western side of Connondale Ranges north of Kilcoy. Looking forward to welcoming you and Barbara to some really great camping weather up here in sunny Queensland. Another good reason why I left Victoria to return to Queensland - it is the winters that are so attractive. Forget about the humidity and cyclones in summer!

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
No pictures but this weekend I finished my underslung spare wheel relocation, removed the gas regulator bracket and redrilled the mounting holes so it sits further back to allow a 150mm tube to fit between the gas bottles and front of the van, replaced a missing screw on the regulator mounting, moved the drawbar tap for the 150mm tube, made up said 150mm tube (yet to be mounted) which will be used for fishing rods, relocated the bottom strut brackets lower on the front lid to hopefully allow water run off when open, cut the hole in the under seat base for a power point wired to an inverter. I will finish that last task on the long weekend.

Reactions: Bluey

rags

We have the 12' 37 outback and love the van for its compact size and low tow weigh however, it does not come with a bathroom. One day we will upgrade to something more luxurious but in the mean time It has been no big deal as we carry a porta potti on the van floor and move it into the external shower tent when staying more than an overnight. For overnights we would just leave it on the floor.
It got me thinking can we do better, borrowing an idea you find on many hybrid vans in that the toilet lives under a seat. So this weekend I got to work in making a new home. Our van has a club type lounge and the table was long ago removed.

Steps
1. remove drawer and runners from under seat.
2.see if porta potti fits in space, yes it fits but it is too tall. Need an extra 25mm clearance.
3. Now this is where I could pull the cupboard seat unit apart but that was not my intention.
4. Make up a seat base raiser, as I was only chasing 25mm I made up a frame from 25 mm aluminium tube with tube lock connectors. I needed to place a "packer" to fill the gap that the old ply seat bases occupied. So cut 25mm strips of 9mm ply and attach to existing frame. I could utilise the existing side seat ply cover so all good. For the rear section I cut 7 mm ply to make the corner section cover hatch and toilet cover piece. The idea being that I only want to lift of the square above the toilet.
5. Now I'm left with a hole where the drawer once was. So I removed the drawer front from drawer unit, bit of a Bugger as it was both glued and screwed ( who would of thought Jayco would use glue) but got it with sliding a paint scraper between drawer and drawer front. I then fitted some hinges to the drawer panel and fixed to the seat base to cover the hole. This now drawer door is needed as I needed to be able to pull open the toilet flush flap in the toilet. So when using toilet you can just open door and pull level out.
6 Seat cushions, this is where I though we would be getting new seats made up by an ulphosteror but I though I would try the existing seat cushions. First I needed to remove the seat backs as now the cushions wouldn't fit under these due to the new base height. I unscrewed and removed backs, place seat cushion bases on and then reattached the backs into a new position. I left a small gap as previously it required an effort to slide the seat cushion bases under the backs, now they slide in relatively easy.
7 Clean up and beer time.

As the seat cushions mitre into corner we will see how it goes but ultimately a seperate square cushion attached to the ply base over toilet with a full rectangle side cushion would be better but we will see how we go.

Now to my next idea remove the front boot and replace with a custom fit storage box with slide out provision for Webber.

Some action shots of today's effort
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
The Inn was full at old Blue dogs house 4 cars 2 caravans 5 kids 4 adults 1 dog .... boat in shed 2 partys in my street one next door a 17th sat night next day across the road was pretty full on but was very good
Sites where fully booked evan parking in street had to get in early 20190216_164813.jpg