The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
spent three days at Mount Alexander. 4C one night, 7C the next. The days weren't that much warmer. So I assume Summer is now over!
About eight other campers, all very well-behaved.
Cannot believe 15 months have passed since we were here last!
The views from the South lookout at Cockatoo Rocks are absolutely magnificent.

cheers
Mike
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4661.JPG
IMG_4662.JPG

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi,
spent three days at Mount Alexander. 4C one night, 7C the next. The days weren't that much warmer. So I assume Summer is now over!
About eight other campers, all very well-behaved.
Cannot believe 15 months have passed since we were here last!
The views from the South lookout at Cockatoo Rocks are absolutely magnificent.

cheers
Mike View attachment 60621 View attachment 60625 View attachment 60623 View attachment 60624
Great pictures @mikerezny!! So you are no "tender foot camper"!! Welcome to the real world too. It is winter up here in Queensland as well, so don't think you have it on your own. Just got back from Jimna State Forest Park where we were for 6 days off grid. Mornings cool/cold? but clear, down to 4.5C under awning in mornings BUT warm sunny days with temps at 10.00am around 18C and reaching 24 to 25 C just after 1.30pm. Starts to drop quickly after 3.30pm though, so sitting around fire for a while is the way to go. This park is 600 metres above sea level on the western side of Connondale Ranges north of Kilcoy. Looking forward to welcoming you and Barbara to some really great camping weather up here in sunny Queensland. Another good reason why I left Victoria to return to Queensland - it is the winters that are so attractive. Forget about the humidity and cyclones in summer!