The van is coming...what else do I need???

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
did you mention eerie electricguru....

Is that an autocorrect? Yes beer!

Hey another one is check the jack can do the job. Had a mate that got stuck when the scissor jack wouldn't lift the camper trailer with it fully loaded.

I bought myself a 3T bottle jack that I carry as well. With the 17'ers be better to get a 5T.

Cheers.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
ElectricGuru,

Many of the people in the pony club we go to don't carry jacks; they use a wide timber wedge.

They put the wooden wedge at the tyre that is still inflated and then either drive forward or backward and drive the good tyre onto the wedge. This lifts the other tyre off the ground, allowing for it to be changed. No issues with weight, no getting dirty trying to position jacks under the frame/axle.

Very easy for the ladies who tend to do a lot of the pony club runs!

Only possible issue you would have is if both tyres on the same side were damaged at the same time!

Ro

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Many of the people in the pony club we go to don't carry jacks; they use a wide timber wedge.

Hey Ro,

Very cool, sounds like a great option but those of us still with the single axle may have some trouble with that one...

Maybe you could do another thread with a How to Guide and some photos of "The Wedge"?

Cheers