The van is coming...what else do I need???

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
15 Amp lead 20 - 25 mtrs
Weber Q with 3 mtr hose.
Foldable tables for under awning.
TV aerial for those places where the wineguard won't work.
Ultramesh by Oztrail 20 by 8 ft for matting under awning. There are plenty of other options.
Music to play on your stereo. Put on USB stick.
Also Canadian Club and Dry cans, 2 x 6 pks should keep you going for a short period.
Cheers Deano

Feb 1, 2012

Bloke in the spare parts at Jayco the other day was trying to sell me an add on/different head for the wineguard anyone know about these?

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
One the the items on our list of things to pack for every weekend away, a bottom of good port. Especially now in the winter months :)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
One thing missing from your first list (except the beer) is the screw on fitting for the tap to take the snap hose fitting. Most parks don't have them on the taps, if they do, they get pinched.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I have a couple of those chartrock, as i have a tendancy to leave them behind:sorry:

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but an iPod/iPhone cable for the stereo if you have your tunes stored that way

I also like to cut the sulage hose in two and shove them up the chassis rails for easy storage.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
One thing missing from your first list (except the beer) is the screw on fitting for the tap to take the snap hose fitting. Most parks don't have them on the taps, if they do, they get pinched.

Don't forget a packet of the orings to suit whichever quick connections you choose.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne

Not a bad idea to get brass fittings, not only are they stronger but they won't add any plastic taste to your water (when home brewing).

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane

Thanks Chartrock...thats something that I would have thought of after I realised I couldnt connect the hose.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yeah, take a few incase you forget to take it off and also take the 2 different sizes or a reducer just to be sure! Also 2 hoses with a click joiner there's been many a time where 1 wasn't long enough! After i roll up hoses and get water out i click both ends of my 2 hoses together with the joiner fitting when I pack away, it just stops any water left in hose getting your storage boot wet.

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Since I lost one on the road, I keep a spare locking wheel and nut for the awning brace bar.

Also, an esky and bags of ice for the beer! Go the home brewers! (Yes there are a few on this site... ;))

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Here is a fairly comprehensive list I have seen. Might have to buy a trailer to tow behind the van to make sure I got it all as there will be no room in the van cos of the Beer, Baileys & Single Malts! :thumb:

Buckets
Cordless Drill
D Shackles
Ducting Tape
Esky or Car Fridge
First Aid Kit
Folding Table and Chairs
Friction Sway Control
Globes and Fuses (12v and 240v)
Gloves for hitch up
Groundsheet for under van
Hammer/Mallet
Hitch Pin Lock
Hose (Mains Pressure Drinking Quality)
Hose Connectors and Tap Fittings
Insulation Tape
Insurance Details
Jack Feet or Blocks of Wood
Jack to Suit Caravan
Level Rides
Level Wedges
Lock for Coupling
Matches
Octopus Straps of Various Lengths
Outdoor Floor Matting
Power Leads (10 meters)
Rake (small, for clearing sites)
Road Atlas (less than 2 years old)
Screwdriver: Blade and Phillips
Shifter, 8"
Spanner to suit Towball
Spare Keys
Spare Level Ride Safety Clips
Spirit Level
Strong Cord
Sullage Hose
Tent Pegs (spare)
Torch and Spare Battery
Towing Mirrors
Water Container
WD-40, CRC or INOX
Wheel Brace and Extension Handle
Wheel Chocks
Wheel Nut Adaptor to suit Wheel Brace

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Awesome list Ro, would agree with the buckets (with 4 kids, something always happens:puke: lol)

Hey cancan, always plenty of home brew to go around at my place...:tea::welcome:

Another item is some velcro straps for keeping hoses together and leads tidy. They are good for keeping on the awning arms when driving just in case the catch gives way...

Oh and some sealent with a caulking gun cause you always find the leaks when you are away...

Hose clamps been mentioned? :noidea:

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
that is a good list...have to wait another week before we pick it up so will go shopping this weekend.
did you mention eerie electricguru....the wife is having a girls underwear party at home and for some reason i have to leave...my plane lands in Brisbane at 6

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Burnsy,

Gloves are a "Luxury Item" - but you don't want to get your stubby holder holder damaged!

Hmmm - just realised the glaring omission from the list; wife, kids, fishing rods and tackle box.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Fair call Ro, maybe take a spare just incase or you might need those gloves to hold your beer....it sounds like your well prepared!

Cheers mate.