The Krisko Kamper - 2011 Expanda 17.56-1 OB

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
yes that's my last name!

Picked up a 2011 Expanda 17.56-1 OB with bunks and no ensuite. Was pretty hard to find that configure as most had ensures but as we have 3 rug rats the extra storage was way more valuable than the shower. Plus has an external one.

It's got:
Double bunks
Upgraded fridge
Twin water tanks
Twin gas tanks
Bayonet point
External shower
Aircon
Full oven (with a weird turntable?)
Stereo
Awning with sunshade walls
Tregg hitch
Privacy screens

Absolutely immaculate inside and out. Really amazing for 5 years old.

Since fitted:
Full Annexe from Australia Wide Annexes
Heavy duty rear bar - custom made and welded up
Solar on roof
Hot water system
Bluetooth stereo/light on outside
Shelves to wardrobe
Dropdown Titan TV bracket

Future Plans are:
Storage box for Weber and generator
Canvas storm bed ends
Coast to coast monitoring panel & system
Dual batteries
Roof mtd aircon
Stone guard

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 320
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 323
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 306
Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Congrats @Brougham and welcome to the forum from another Perthite!!! Van does look in great conditions.
Good to see another local 17.56, Prado owner on board ;)

Keep your eyes on the WA Meet n Greet page for upcoming get togethers (Been a bit quiet lately but when the weather improves should see some movement)

Reactions: bigcol and Brougham

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
So have had some fun lately. Fully carpeted the interior now, added LED TV, shelves to the robes.
Fitting bluetooth external light/speaker unit this week.

And just ordered a full annexe from Australia Wide Annexes on the weekend at the Perth 4WD show. Had actually organised it in September, but Terry (WA rep) was great in that he pre-booked our production date (it starts tomorrow!) so that we could get the show discount. He came out Saturday evening after the show to measure up and all good, should have it by end of the month.. Cant wait to get it

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
did you get any extras...............
front awning
rear add a room
etc?

yeah, Terry is a great guy, lots of fun

I think the "come out to measure" and "come out to fit and show you how to do it" is the best part of the service

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the only reason I was thinking of the porch bit - is because, when we are camping, everyone tends to drift to under our awning.........

and by the time you add tables with food & drink on them, there is not alot of room for 6 or 7 people under our awning

Reactions: Dobbie and dagree

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
productive day yesterday, Terry came and fitted our new AWA annexe (on a sunday arvo!) and I fitted up twin picnic tables as well. Big tip, buy them from rvpartsexpress, bargain bin = factory seconds. mine are both keyed alike (what a fluke) and only have about 3 chips in the fibreglass inside which i just touched up with white sikaflex when i put them on. $70ea versus $250 each.

2016-12-04 13.48.16.jpg 2016-12-04 14.45.45.jpg 2016-12-04 15.06.39.jpg 2016-12-04 17.57.23.jpg

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
Yeah they fit well. when we had the annexe measured up we chatted about it so Terry took the annexe line to the outside of the hard lid clamps. Normally it's on inside of them and would've been tight to the tables, so glad he sorted that out for us.

Reactions: Dobbie and bigcol

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
another good day, was buying some gasfuses and gas hoses from rvpartsexpress, checked the bargain bin and saw 1-off Suburban SW6DEA hot water unit in there. brand new, just damaged packaging. was going to buy one in January, normally $950 or so, $700 with free shipping. scoreboard!