The day has come!

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Hi guys,
Thanks to all your help I was able to make a decision on a camper and some options. Tomorrow I will be picking it up, and I sure it will be a nervous drive home, and even more nerves reversing it into the garage. I got the insurance done tonight thanks to some suggestions. Any last minute advice? Our first trip is to koala shores in September.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Have you ever reversed a trailer? If so, relax. It will be easier to reverse than a box trailer.
No other advice required. Enjoy and live the dream.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Good luck @les2476
If you have time i suggest you go to an empty car park (maybe at a local sports field) and have a bit of fun reversing into the spots there.
Have fun with the new toy!!!

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Hi guys,
Picked up the camper on Wednesday and apart from some minor issues like the door not opening properly from the inside (fixed there and than) and just clumsy or lazy workmanship (silicon on solar panel and other places where people could not be bothered to wash their hands and wipe the silicon properly), maybe more to come. I bought a ratchet jockey wheel, which helped me get it in the garage with the help of a few neighbors, as it is extremely tight, had to roll the awning bags over the roof and take the spare off. taking it to Kiama for a night next week to set it up and see how it all works. apart from minor issues I'm very happy at the moment. People at St Mary's Jayco were great and I feel at ease if problems should arise. Thank you guys for your help and valued advice.

jed

May 16, 2013
lol les you make me feel better i picked up our 14.44.5 on tues and to get it into the garage i had to let the air out of the tires and take off the shower vent with 1 inch to spare :)

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
lol les you make me feel better i picked up our 14.44.5 on tues and to get it into the garage i had to let the air out of the tires and take off the shower vent with 1 inch to spare :)
Thats funny, the things we do..

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
How did you find towing and backing the trailer? Not as difficult as you imagined?
Towing was ok, the van seems wider than the car and the territory seems to handle it ok. In regards to reversing, it was a bit hit and miss for the moment, but I managed to get it close enough to the garage. Also the van is't as heavy as i thought, so it was ok to push in with some help. Like someone said "slow and steady."

Reactions: Xpandafan

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
This is our first camp at Liama

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 363

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Looks good Les. I got rid of the awning like you got. I got a Tigerz11 awning for mine. 5 minutes to set up and 5 to pack up. I notice you didn't put up the bed flys?