Just Browsing Swivel tap connector

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Wandering around Bunnings today and came across swivel tap connectors (plastic and brass). Thought this may be handy for connecting the town water hose to the inlet on the van (which is parallel to the ground) and reducing undue weight on the connector. Tried connecting the new fitting but couldn't get a tight seal. Comparing threads on the different fittings, the one that fits seems to have a coarser thread than a similar Gardena or Pope type fitting. Which brings me to my question: Is there a 'standard' thread size used on a van's town water connector?
Tap.JPG

Reactions: Marv_mart

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Wandering around Bunnings today and came across swivel tap connectors (plastic and brass). Thought this may be handy for connecting the town water hose to the inlet on the van (which is parallel to the ground) and reducing undue weight on the connector. Tried connecting the new fitting but couldn't get a tight seal. Comparing threads on the different fittings, the one that fits seems to have a coarser thread than a similar Gardena or Pope type fitting. Which brings me to my question: Is there a 'standard' thread size used on a van's town water connector?
View attachment 26792
I reckon I can unscrew one of those nipple fittings and attach my Hoselink fitting. Good thinking 99, well done.
Only recently available? Is it possible to replace the other nipple with a click on adaptor that clicks straight onto the van nipple?

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Hi @Marv_mart, both of the nipple fittings unscrew, so I expect you can mix and match other fittings to suit. Bunnings had other swivel connectors with different fittings. I think there was one like you mentioned. Maybe a search on www.popeproducts.com.au or it could be an excuse for a trip to Bunnings (in case you needed one ;)).

Reactions: Marv_mart

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
View attachment 26792
Update on question in original post: After comparing my fitting to others on the shelf at Bunnings, I worked out that the thread type is American; majority of fittings seem to be BSP.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Update on question in original post: After comparing my fitting to others on the shelf at Bunnings, I worked out that the thread type is American; majority of fittings seem to be BSP.
I bought the swivel connector, unscrewed the click on fittings and able to simply screw in the Hoselink connectors, no issues at all. Able to use the click connector with a spare Hoselink connector to make a very neat and small 'converter', 2 actually. Will be very handy with my collection of tap and hose connectors I keep in a small canvas bag in the van.
All van hoses, connectors are now Hoselink except for click on fitting on the van (use that small converter I described above)
image.jpg

Reactions: Curryhouse