Chassis Suspension Creaking

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Hi guys, never noticed until we got the van home (17.56-1 2014 OB) and did some slow speed cornering and reversing, and with this van being our first ever I was wondering if creaking from the suspension is normal? I would assume not so my question is what sort of lubricant is best to quieten the creaking down? Mate suggested dirtbike chain lubricant instead of WD40.

Anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Thanks.

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
always creaks for me, especially after a wet trip just depends on how long between not creaking and creaking

Reactions: DWWood

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Hi guys, never noticed until we got the van home (17.56-1 2014 OB) and did some slow speed cornering and reversing, and with this van being our first ever I was wondering if creaking from the suspension is normal? I would assume not so my question is what sort of lubricant is best to quieten the creaking down? Mate suggested dirtbike chain lubricant instead of WD40.

Anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Thanks.
I had same issue and hit the area at the end of the leaf springs with WD40 and it stopped.

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Mine has been doing the same since i pressure cleaned the van. So i guess ive washed out the grease from the joints. My 17.56 has the leaf springs and only 1 grease nipple where they meet. I guess ill find ouf of it still squeeks next trip

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Mines same as yours Daniel, 1 grease nipple in the middle. I greased it up but it's still creaking. Going to take my mates advice and buy some dirtbike chain lubricant and give that a go.

Reactions: cruza driver

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Just to add to the thread I bought some motorbike chain oil from Supercheap. It's a spray oil and if anyone who has ridden bikes you'll know that it's a rather viscous oil. Sprayed it under the van at most of the pivot points as well as greased it and it has almost eliminated all of the suspension noises. Time will tell how long it lasts but I'll give it another spray before the Grand Final long weekend away and see how it goes.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
If you got some motorbike Chain Wax and spray that on will last for ages, and won't wash off only with degrease and scrubbing. Is comes out of the can a fine thin film but sets like a wax.

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
That's the stuff @Tone comes in a black can. Worked a bloody treat.

unnamed.png

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep as the fellas said, grease your pins if they have grease points otherwise the Chain Lube on everything thats moves, Don't use WD40 or similar it will wash what lube there is away, silicon spray is okay but won't last...Chain Lube is the best.........check wheel nuts and hub bolt, loose ones can squeek.

Reactions: Dobbie and dagree