Supreme Vans

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We currently have a 17.56-2 Expanda and were considering moving to a Starcraft or Silverline van. Jayco have pushed their prices up but unfortunately, not really added much in the way of new features or improved quality.

Looking around at other vans and looked at the Supreme range. To me, a non tech sort, they look good. Wiring for example looks very neat, as opposed to Jayco who look like a drunk wired it up.

Has anyone had experience of these vans?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
No personal experience but they have been around for years along with some of the other main stream manufactures and seem to build a fair range of vans

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Once Im done with the Expanda, Ill be heading for New Age .... at the last 2 Melb shows Ive looked at them and they are just a cut above the other offerings. I was extremely impressed at the quality and finish

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I understand we looked at a show the Starcraft 20.62 new was the same price as the New age Bunk and the Crusader Musketeer. Both seemed better built :)
Although the one thing I think Jayco does above all other vans is warranty stuff. They nearly always just fix the problem.. Now should of there been a problem to start with.

Have a look around at Supreme see what people say when they have had problems.
I know a few times I read that if things fail or have problems like fridges, air, windows etc some place give you the manufacture number and they wash their hands of it.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We've got a silverline very happy with it . ours is an outback 21.65-1 jayco have been good with warranty issues. Also we liked the lotus freelander but what you got value for money with jayco couldn't beat the price. Jayco were also more prepared to make changes to the layout without either no cost or little cost. As for companies washing their hands of it kokoda and safari only sell vans and give you the manufacturers phone number important question to ask is who honours the warranty.

Last edited:

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
If you drop into their yard on Sydney Rd. ask for Mathew and tell him Brad told you to talk to him. He is my wife's cousin and will talk straight.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Yep. Looked again yesterday with SWMBO! I liked the 20'6" Dirt Roader with the rear door. They can do it with a 1' extension to make it a 21'6" van. Looked at an example that was made for a customer awaiting delivery. It makes a huge difference.

The dealer even offered me $5,000 more than Jayco for a trade in, with the offer to allow me to sell privately if I get a better price.

Now.....the car......Ranger!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Yep.....I have to get the car first.

Tare is 2400kg so Territory is outgunned.

Looking at an XLS Ranger auto.....adding steel roo bar and snorkel, canopy and roof bars.

Reactions: cruza driver

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Make sure you have a good look around, have heard very good reports and very bad reports. We like the Kakoda vans, nice layouts and prices not too far from Jayco.

http://www.kokodacaravans.com.au
Theres a repeat story that pops up that a number of caravan brands are the badged up products of unconnected suppliers/sub-contractors, and Kakoda along with Safari have been mentioned. I can poo poo the Safari rumour because my mate assures me the Safari factory is behind the showroom in Campbellfield.

But even Safari out-source that cabinetry to varying providers, potentially different on each van

Cant comment on Kakoda other than i really like the look of them. But maybe worth checking before buying

I own a manufacturing business in the building industry and I know the difficulties connected with transfer of responsibilty through sub-contracting etc. Much better to deal direct with a manufacturer than an agent representing individual, varying, and invisible sub-contractors or suppliers.

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Kokoda seem pretty honest about the fact the vans are made at different factories. Although even vans made on the same line like Jayco can go up and down in quality with bad days. Like made Friday arvo :) he he
I would read around about warranty repairs and how they do them. If the factory is in Melb and you buy from Queensland where you can take them etc No one beats Jayco here.
A lot beat them with finish and QC though :)