QLD Sunshine Coast

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Hi all you wonderful Queenslanders. The cracka family are heading your way. We are planning on a couple of weeks on the coast around Easter next year. Where is the better place for a relaxing couple of weeks, Noosa Heads or Maroochydore? Your guidance is great fully received.

rags

Cracka, although Noosa is a really nice place invariably it is always busy and somewhat pretentious.
My preference as my favourite spots on the coast are ( not in any order except Mudjimba but that is because we have a house there and love walking with dogs on beach and Sunday brekkie at the cafe)

1) Mudjimba beach which is on the North side of the Maroochy River, beach suburb not over developed, caravan park not beach front but on other side of road, although never stayed at park it looks a nice park with a new extension with new sites,
http://www.sunshinecoastholidayparks.com.au/holiday_parks/mudjimba_beach_holiday_park/

2) Cotton Tree on the mouth of Maroochy River and Maroochy Beach is a really well located park and popular.
http://www.sunshinecoastholidayparks.com.au/holiday_parks/cotton_tree_holiday_park/

3) There is a newly built Big4 park upstream on the Maroochy River that looks great, good reviews and my wife tells me a nice cafe. Looks a good place to relax
https://www.big4.com.au/caravan-parks/qld/sunshine-coast/rivershore-resort

4) And finally Coolum Beach which is half way between Noosa and Maroochydore, park is beachfront ( slightly behind dune) great location across from shopping strip that the ladies love with lots of restaurants and cafes and has the best gelato shop on the coast.
http://www.sunshinecoastholidayparks.com.au/holiday_parks/coolum_beach_holiday_park/

Wherever you choose, it will be good as it is a great spot.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have to agree with @rags , Noosa is overrated and crowded but then the sunny coast is bedlam over easter but the parks mentioned are in nice areas, you may have needed to book last year for next easter though.................for camping with coffee, ice cream and surf shops on hand it's certainly the place, the park at Mooloolaba behind the Underwaterworld joint is nicely positioned for the beach with great shops nearby and great tucker at the Surf Club, you don't have to drive anywhere a brilliant beach walk for miles.
http://www.sunshinecoastholidayparks.com.au/holiday_parks/mooloolaba_beach_holiday_park/

Bring your money with you...as they say.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi Cracka

Number one choice for me would be cotton tree, its rated one of the best parks in QLD, I have stayed there many times (we used to live 15 minutes away) second choice would be Maroochy Beach caravan park, both are council owned, Jason at Maroochy beach is a champ. Third choice would be Noosa river caravan park, good luck getting a booking I have been trying for years, or you could come up a bit further and stay at Burrum Heads where we live, they have an Easter classic fishing comp every Easter and its clost to Hervey Bay (where you go when youre nearly wed or nearly dead lol)

Reactions: crackacoldie

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Agree with everything said above.

We stayed at Maroochydore Beach CP a couple of weeks ago and a few years back were a regular at Mudjimba. Both are very good parks - Mudjimba a bit quieter and away from the highway (but the odd Jet overhead as it's close to the airport). If you have bikes, both have excellent paths linking you to some pleasant commercial areas.

Maroochydore Beach CP has plenty of places you can walk to get a nice feed too. I liked the size of the sites - perhaps not as tight as Cotton Tree. The Maroochydore surf club (500metres walk) does some good meals. Membership $1 and discounted drinks and food from there on. Patrolled beach close by too.

Last edited:

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
we have annual site at Cotton Tree every Easter, you may want to see what is available/left before making your decision at any of the above parks. Sunny Coast is very popular during Easter School holidays and most only want a 7-day booking, just a thought. We love Cotton Tree, close 2nd to Coolum Beach and Maroochydore also.

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Nice one Mate. Do it. Myself and @TTBRIDGE will be there for 10-12 days over Easter period. We take our jet skis also. Only time we drive is when we put the skis in the water. Everything else is in walking distance. Great park, been there the last 5 years running, kids have made many friends.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Arriving the 15th for 11 nights. First real holiday in a couple of years. Can't wait.

Now, will I need the cruiser, as in is there any 4wding in the table lands worth undertaking?

Reactions: Dean81