Storage in a 16.49.4

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,

Long time no post...partly because we were cruising around this amazing land of ours for four months in our 1649.2 having a ball. Well the 1649.2 has done its time (about 130 nights in it in 12 months), seen some dirt and served us well but quickly found a new home when we posted it on gumtree.

We picked up our new 16.49.4 this week and was hoping that peeps with the same van may have some good tips on which cupboards they use for what items. Going to pack it this week before the shakedown to taggerty next week and eildon for the long weekend.

Thanks in advance!
Ben

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
We use the overheads above the queen bed for the plates, bowls ect ect, under the sink for the p butter, jam tins of food and all that stuff, the bottom under that at floor level for all of the pots and pans, all of the others have assortments, under the bunks towels and blankets, the tall cuboard we fitted out with shelves for clothes and the skinny one buy the door we have all of the kid style snacks cereals ect!
We are up at Eden at the moment in the rain.....
Good luck!
Leesy

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
This is how I have set up my cupboards, the cupboards either side of the door I use for food cupboards. The overhead cupboards are used for a variety of things which range from stubby coolers to sandwich bags and tissue, wipes and few other things like iPhone chargers, torches and nik nacks. We still have not filled all of these cupboards which I'm sure will come with time. The draw under bunks I put a few Tupperware containers in and the other door under the bunks I used for kids books, board games and other toys that they wish to take. Under the sink I have pots and pans on the top along with the toaster and kettle. On the bottom shelf under the sink I have a couple of baskets with cleaning products. The draws under the stove I have all utensils for cooking and knives and forks plastic tray and second draw has our plates, bowls and cups. The fold down cupboard under the draw I use for cling wrap,aluminum foil and sandwich bags. The wardrobe I have left as is for the moment and just used the bottom of it to store the 12 volt fan and the beach towels. I have used the overhead cupboards above the back bed to put the kids sleeping bags and more bath towels in. I keep one cupboard for hubby and my personal toiletries for while away. The storage under the back bad is used for first aid kit, swimming boards, kids sand buckets and cooler bags for day trips. Under the front bed that can be accessed from the side doors is for all the cords, hoses and drain hose, fold up clothes line, fridge stand, little fold up aluminum table and box with mozzie coils etc in it.
Thanks Tina