Exterior Stone Chip Protection

Reno

Apr 3, 2016
Sydney
Hi
I manage to get a stone chip on the front of my 14.44.4. Other than putting a stone guard or stone stomper on has anyone placed checker plate or any product on to the actual van. Thanks
IMG_6619.JPG
IMG_6642.JPG
IMG_6643.JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats not a stone chip thats a rock !!!!!!!! even cheka plate would have shown some damage, there are some threads about various ideas but for using cheka plate it depends on the profile of the front of your van, the spray on stuff is okay, just, a padded vinyl blanket which press studs across works well but needs to be professionally done to follow the shape or it will flap itself to bits and as stated a stone stomper or a stone guard . The use of rubber mat across the back of the tug works well on tarred roads but on dirt if they aren't placed in the right spot will actually cause a heap of stones to be thrown at the front of the van each time you hit a dip in the road.

Reno

Apr 3, 2016
Sydney
Thanks for the replies. It got me thinking did I reverse? Straight out and checked the bumper all smooth. I recall there was no reversing. I left the servo at Raymond Terrace travelled along Bucketts Way onto Gloucester Tops Rd which is a combination of dirt, gravel and maybe the odd asteroid probably gave it a bit too much right foot to get the old 105 petrol up some of the hills. I will check out the padded vinyl blankets but I am leaning towards the Stone Stomper. About to upgrade to a 200 series that rock/asteroid may have come out of the rear wall. Thanks again.

Reactions: chartrock