Starcraft Starcraft wireless lighting

Gocats

Feb 16, 2016
Colac
Took the new Starcraft van for its maiden trip over the week end, all going great until could not turn two inside lights off or any of the remaining lights on, took the van to the very friendly people at Ballart Jayco who asked had I introduced any electronic gadgets into the van, couldn't think of any thing but one of the tech guys found in a cupboard next to the wireless sensors a wireless fridge thermometer I had being trying to get going a few days earlier, uparently this was playing up with the lights wireless operation, ditched the thermometer and the tech reprogrammed the sensors and all good, you learn something every day

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Oh thanks for the tip, good to know! We always have a fridge thermometer in. So better get a wired one next time round. Just as a matter of interest what brand was it? We use the Eva kool one in our tug and had an engel one in the van. I wonder if may make a difference???
Cheers
Pauly

Gocats

Feb 16, 2016
Colac
Hi Pauly,
The brand name was a Companion, not saying a bad brand just would not work in our van and disrupted the lights working, now living in a cupboard in the house
Mark

Reactions: Pauly

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Interesting. ..
I have my companion reciever installed in the cupboard next to the wireless light receivers.... no problems yet....

I guess if i do have issuesit will be the first thing I look at

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Personally I hate these lights. Awesome concept, crappy execution! I am onto my fifth receiver. Keep blowing channels on them. At $100 a pop I am glad Jayco Mackay looks after me in regards to warranty. Worst one I got two months out of it.