Starcraft Shower Screen

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Currently road testing our new 16.5 StarCraft Outback. It has a shower in the rear opposite the toilet. Shower is the square type. The shower base has a raised edge to retain water. The bottom edge of the shower screen door track is fixed about 6mm above the top edge of the shower base. There is no seal between the base and the screen door track.

Is this normal????????????????

We are getting some small leaks thru the gap when showering.

Advice appreciated.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yep, standard gap from what I've seen on the displays also. Re the small leaks, be sure the van is level as youve setup.

In the fridge (or goodies bag you got with the van), you'll find a bubble level. Place this on the top of the fridge door (opened of course) and swing the door open to shut vise versa, watch the bubble for level, adjust according corner stays accordingly.

Cheers Pace.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Thanks Pace, have got the bubble level ok. The leaks were water splashing thru the gap. We have a foot towel on the floor outside the shower. I will have to ask Jayco their logic for the gap. My mate the shower screen installer hasn't seen the like either.

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
Currently road testing our new 16.5 StarCraft Outback. It has a shower in the rear opposite the toilet. Shower is the square type. The shower base has a raised edge to retain water. The bottom edge of the shower screen door track is fixed about 6mm above the top edge of the shower base. There is no seal between the base and the screen door track.

Is this normal????????????????

We are getting some small leaks thru the gap when showering.

Advice appreciated.
We had the same prob in our 20 ft panda. I masked it up and siliconed the gap, all good now. Stupid design if you ask me.