Starcraft Starcraft 17-58.3 OB bunk windows, extendable arm getting stuck

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has the problem sometimes of when you open the bunk windows, the extendable arm sometimes gets stuck at the top position and you then cannot close the window.

This has happened to me 3 times now and I was initially unscrewing the arm to be able to close it, then found a small clip in the middle which I can take off and inside there is a spring and small ball bearing which sits in small groves inside for the window to sit in the 2 positions.

I have not spoken to Jayco yet and the van is still under warranty, but I don't wan't to have to tow it there either to sort out.

Quite annoying and wonder if anyone else had the problem?

Haidee Stephen

Jan 28, 2016
Freshwater
Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has the problem sometimes of when you open the bunk windows, the extendable arm sometimes gets stuck at the top position and you then cannot close the window.

This has happened to me 3 times now and I was initially unscrewing the arm to be able to close it, then found a small clip in the middle which I can take off and inside there is a spring and small ball bearing which sits in small groves inside for the window to sit in the 2 positions.

I have not spoken to Jayco yet and the van is still under warranty, but I don't wan't to have to tow it there either to sort out.

Quite annoying and wonder if anyone else had the problem?

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Use silicone spray regularly your won't get a problem then ,as they tend to dry up and start to get stiff

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like an easy fix and does not require taking the van to Jayco. Thank you