StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
A belated thread on the new van. Most are familiar with the issues befalling us getting a new starcraft. Its well documented here for those that aren’t.
After a fair effort from the dealer, they got us a van due off the line in less than a month. Unfortunately it took Jayco nearly a week to despatch it to the dealer with absolutely no communication as to what the holdup was. I suspect that the van got its further mods done in the despatch area and this was the holdup but I would have liked to been told.
It arrived at the dealer overnight and was available on the Wednesday, so a quick call and arrangement to pick up that afternoon at 3pm. Inspection showed most of the mods had been done. And after mkI missing a few options, this time Jayco excelled on MkII
Our list of options with only one and half things not done
16" wheels
2X spares one front one on back
extended drawbar
extra panel (2 X 120w panels)
extra 100ah battery (2)
wind up snowflake antenna
drifter panel
roof truma
large thetford fridge
sound system
tv and bracket
picnic table
ALKO ESC extra trunk door to the rear under bunks
extra 12V at the rear.
Bed reading lights on the double swapped ends
Gas to rear of van
gas bottles relocated forward 500mm NOT DONE
I had also requested they move the awning so the arm does not block the toilet hatch, they nearly did this (more later)
So its a B+ to Jayco, would have been an A if for better dispatch or communications ;-)

Couple of shots from pickup

image.jpg
image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Plan was to head home, load it and get it ready for a trip and be out the door 24hrs later!

van on way home.JPG

Bringing her home, tried to use the weighbridge but it was closed.

shed empty.JPG

Shed hadn't looked right for months. thats all the goodies awaiting at the back.

photo 2.JPG

better now, the pink plastic bag is for Cruza ;)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
First up was to rewire the cruiser for the ESC and breakaway battery charging. Pin 2 on the Cruiser is reverse, on Jayco its ESC and Breakaway.
I pinched a heavy feed from the back of the Anderson, also decided to try the fridge through the big pins. so far so good.

Next up I set up the stonestomper.

IMG_7298.JPG

Then went to town on the underneath with rubber, conduit and cable ties to ensure we could traverse a few ordinary roads without paying the price. lot more to do and a bit to redo. it was getting tiring at 2am.

Attachments

• IMG_7295.JPG
    IMG_7295.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 871
  • IMG_7296.JPG
    IMG_7296.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 888
  • IMG_7340.JPG
    IMG_7340.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 877
  • IMG_7341.JPG
    IMG_7341.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 926
  • IMG_7342.JPG
    IMG_7342.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 852
  • IMG_7343.JPG
    IMG_7343.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 859
  • IMG_7345.JPG
    IMG_7345.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 821

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Few shots of some of the options.

IMG_7581.JPG

swapped bed lights on the main bed. different style as the others are a bit close.

IMG_7584.JPG

New style range hood with LED strip light. you no longer get any other light under the cupboard, but this light is great. The splash back is good too.

Hey Dave see I got the drifter in the right place ;-)

IMG_7590.JPG

2nd Spare on rear bumper. the spare on the A frame will be retired when the box goes on.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Plan was to head home, load it and get it ready for a trip and be out the door 24hrs later!

View attachment 26812
Bringing her home, tried to use the weighbridge but it was closed.

View attachment 26813

Shed hadn't looked right for months. thats all the goodies awaiting at the back.

View attachment 26814

better now, the pink plastic bag is for Cruza ;)
Congratulations it looks great and I am impressed with your mods, especially the way you have done them so quickly.

Enjoy your new van and the upcoming trips

Regards
Terry

Reactions: Marv_mart

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Awesome @achjimmy I know it wasnt easy waiting for your mk II van mate, and when it turned up it must have been a relief.

How did the grease nibbles on the trailing arms fair on the trip.

Hey mate no probs on the grease nipples. I had that big rubber sheet up the front so underneath really coped nothing, but mud. It was that late it was all done as a rush and I didn't even register about the nipples till later. I bought the rubber from Bunnings and it wasn't insertion rubber. The big sheet has already torn sadly. I would like insertion rubber but Clark's want insane money for the big sheets!

I have started at the back yesterday and am working forward redoing things.

Reactions: cruza driver

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks all. Yeah Relgate the shed was the best thing I ever did. Not big enough but hey that's sheds for you.

We had two expandas and loved them dearly. But the Starcraft is great, the ease of set up the room it's just so comfortable very happy with the changeover.

Reactions: blacky and skippy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
this is where they put my additional 12v on the rear cupboard I wanted.

IMG_7585.JPG

and this is the additional 12V near the door they included, maybe a standard feature now? actually its in the way of the hatch I want to install :-(

IMG_7588.JPG

Reactions: Pace

halbster

May 13, 2014
You did change that number plate before posting :)
Notice your gas hot water switch is up near the drifter too, mine is down below the fridge. Did you get any GPO anywhere near the stove?