StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Did a great mod today before heading out. Ditched the wozza cable and wired the van cam through the 12 pin plug. Won't miss lining up that fine thread.

IMG_6804.JPG

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Last trip had the non return valve fail and had to hook a hose up between the inlet and tap to be able to run water. Pulled it down and the oring had blown out! Must of had too much pressure at some point? Decided to leave it as is to try an act as a pressure minmiser and fitted a JG non return valve down stream.

IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7108.JPG

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I ran my rear cam thru the 12 pin for ages and it was good value, went well unto the fridge power went and melted the plug, the cam going off line alerted me to the problem quickly before everything turned to lava....................and the same thing happened with my non return, I just shoved a new Guest fitting inline but redid the whole water inlet.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Last trip had the non return valve fail and had to hook a hose up between the inlet and tap to be able to run water. Pulled it down and the oring had blown out! Must of had too much pressure at some point? Decided to leave it as is to try an act as a pressure minmiser and fitted a JG non return valve down stream.

View attachment 49742 View attachment 49743
Seems to be a common failure. Mine was singing like Dame Nellie Melba every time I turned on a tap

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
Did a great mod today before heading out. Ditched the wozza cable and wired the van cam through the 12 pin plug. Won't miss lining up that fine thread.

View attachment 48785

Is it just the power for the camera you ran through the 12 pin plug or video as well? Be keen to know how thats done as rear camera on the van is on the list of things to do next. I was thinking of powering from the back of the fridge 12 volt but not sure if that's a good idea or 12 pin would be better...

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I ran my rear cam thru the 12 pin for ages and it was good value, went well unto the fridge power went and melted the plug, the cam going off line alerted me to the problem quickly before everything turned to lava....................and the same thing happened with my non return, I just shoved a new Guest fitting inline but redid the whole water inlet.

Yeah fridge is thru an ando no other way for me.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Is it just the power for the camera you ran through the 12 pin plug or video as well? Be keen to know how thats done as rear camera on the van is on the list of things to do next. I was thinking of powering from the back of the fridge 12 volt but not sure if that's a good idea or 12 pin would be better...

I just took out the wozza cable and wired the three or four wires thru the 12 pin. So in my case power , vid and audio

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast

How well did the camera fair via the 12 pin plug. Getting tired of my camera lead now for same reason.
Best of luck selling it, although, I doubt you'll need it.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah Dave it’s worked a treat, no noticeable degradation of signal tbh

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now we wait .................................................a new mod thread, great stuff.