StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So you did @achjimmy , so you did........just testing , bringing that important point to the fore or maybe I just didn't read your post properly as I had visions of a mates very slimy shower area, lol.

Reactions: bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Got tired of having the hitch jam on the ball. No matter what I tried under certain circumstances you just couldnt get it off! Was considering a Hyland hitch as it keeps the ball but they have gone out of business and I couldnt find one easily plus everybody seems to be going the Mchitch auto with great reviews so I joined the club!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
If you get a chance to take your hitch off give the base a good file! The gal slag there was horrendous. Iam amazed the hitch stayed flat!

Don't know if you can see it clearly in the pic but the lug and the head of the stud have been well worn over. But I just coundnt get the adjustment right, too tight and I probably caused that and too lose it banged around! Jayco as always offered no help other than to say it was okay.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Got the thetford fridge serviced on Friday by alternate gas refrigeration in Arndell park. It was getting harder and harder to start especially after a lay over. I mentioned it to Jayco at a warranty/service fleecing but again they could find an issue suprise suprise ! It got worse that even a igniter flame in the burner box and it wouldn't ignite last week! Alternative were great got there at 6.20am and all fixed by 7.30 and on my way home after a chat.:D

Three things bit of carbon on the igniter tip that I have mentioned before. He said the thetfords have very tiny jets and are prone to blocking and I had some cobwebs around. (Going to spray the area regularly ) and that the igniter needed moving a bit away to create a stronger spark. Showed me how he perfered them lit and Alls good.

Definetly recomend them if you need fridge repairs in Sydney.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Replacing the adjuster on the hitch would have probably fixed your jamming but a McHitch is way, way better and looks cool......................I've put flyscreen on the inside of the fridge vents, top and bottom for the bug reason and check the screws are tight down there at times...................wish I could work out why mine doesn't work on 12v but thats for another thread.

Reactions: bigcol and achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Replacing the adjuster on the hitch would have probably fixed your jamming but a McHitch is way, way better and looks cool......................I've put flyscreen on the inside of the fridge vents, top and bottom for the bug reason and check the screws are tight down there at times...................wish I could work out why mine doesn't work on 12v but thats for another thread.

@Drover I've played with the hitch. Iam over it TBH it's done it since new, I think it's cause there 5h1+ anyway after a day towing I just want to be able to Unhitch not dick around.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
never had that problem @achjimmy , and I have the Treg on the 16' so not a problem with that either

I do know 2 guys who have the Treg hitches on their campers ( 1 x Conqueror, and 1 x MDC Camper) and then added the Mchitch to that.............

I dunno why........

Reactions: Drover

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
I occasionally had the hitch lock on to the ball after backing into a site. Just let the car move forward slightly to take the pressure off the ball and all good. 8 now have a DO35. It is even easier to un hitch.

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
A mistake many people make when unhitching is putting the handbrake on, the van needs to move forward to come off the ball and the handbrake stops this.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The ole Tregg/Trig hitch can be a big pain if on a slope and the block keeps rolling, I used to have a plastic straw in the gap to hold it..........cursed it many a time and felt cool when I'd get it in one then drop in the pin and marvel the old coots waiting for a stuff up...........Mchitch makes it easy though...................

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks great @achjimmy but did you get any dust in or what precautions did you take to prevent dust entry.

Cleaned her today pretty good. Had her in dirt before and it's pretty tight TBH. The rubber guards underneath keep things protected. I noticed the rear wheels got a fair few chips but that's about it

Reactions: JS4910 and bigcol