Chassis Stamped Ball weight V's Actual, Help needed..

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Im staying out of this im over it jayco let me drive out brand new and totally illegal they knew i had a prado but they dont care really a sale is a sale my plate was so far out its not funny if im over empty how am i loaded ????? Screwed

Reactions: warren cook

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Im staying out of this im over it jayco let me drive out brand new and totally illegal they knew i had a prado but they dont care really a sale is a sale my plate was so far out its not funny if im over empty how am i loaded ????? Screwed

Harsh view @Bluey but true mate, a sale is a sale and it is our responsibility not theirs to be legal on the road. I see it every time I go away mate and can not believe some of the set ups on the road, I have seen a ford falcon with a kayak on the roof, fully loaded with people towing a 25ft New Age Van. That my friend is a bit different to your Prado and your van, you and I both know that the vehicle is more than capable of its duties you require it to do, and you have it set up accordingly, its just a technicality in your case where as others its pure neglect.

When I collected my van the sales manager stopped another delivery happening as the arches were scrubbing on the tyres of the tow vehicle and the arse end was dragging along the floor, pretty bad mate let me tell you. He got the van delivered to their house after a lecture on other peoples safety on the road and told him to basically "pull your head in if you think you are going to tow with that".

Anyhow, I can help you with that issue matey, you should see the Y61 Patrol I have here, it has your name all over it, always thinking you when I get stuff like this in.
cd5693560942584840777.jpg

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
It would be nice @warren cook very thursty and my misses will kill me but no doubt we will do a deal one day pm me your bluey price plenty room to move on that one what year is it.... ks ?????
Petrol id have to be crazy ???????? @bigcol wouldnt think so

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Oh just thought @warren cook first you should shorten your name to wazza on here
Anyway i know im harsh but if i said to you im only on p plates can you sell me a car would you sell me a v12 twin turbo farrarie a red one as a responseable salesman i would hope not you could sell it to me saying you really shouldnt be driving it

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
@Bluey,
Oh just thought @warren cook first you should shorten your name to wazza on here
Anyway i know im harsh but if i said to you im only on p plates can you sell me a car would you sell me a v12 twin turbo farrarie a red one as a responseable salesman i would hope not you could sell it to me saying you really shouldnt be driving it

@Bluey I have tried to fix that but unable too, I emailed a request in but never got a response, does anyone know how too?

Here is a picture of a car I delivered yesterday lol.

article-0-0CCADE1000000578-983_634x369.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee I'm glad @mikerezny covered this with that great post with the pic, while I'm on top of this weight stuff but with a few years of 22 wheels to worry about it still does my head in trying to explain and many worry to much about tare weights on plates, just ignore them they are an artificial base line which doesn't exist .......................when we needed to know exactly how much the vehicle could be loaded with, we had the truck set up with it's basics, tool box, spares, full fuel, driver and lunch box then put it on the scales, this would be the real world tare not the one on the compliance plate, weighed each axle this then showed us how much we could put on, even then we could blow it as while the mass was correct one set of axles could be over while another would be under so the stuff would be moved . This applies to tug/van coombo's as well, your tug tare on the plate is fantasy also.......

Aircraft would be easy, watched Loadies with the slide rule and weight of each bit of kit, then crack up when the late box turns up and they have to move everything....................hey you 6 blokes sit down the back here and don't move...

Reactions: Johnanbev

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Gee I'm glad @mikerezny covered this with that great post with the pic, while I'm on top of this weight stuff but with a few years of 22 wheels to worry about it still does my head in trying to explain and many worry to much about tare weights on plates, just ignore them they are an artificial base line which doesn't exist .......................when we needed to know exactly how much the vehicle could be loaded with, we had the truck set up with it's basics, tool box, spares, full fuel, driver and lunch box then put it on the scales, this would be the real world tare not the one on the compliance plate, weighed each axle this then showed us how much we could put on, even then we could blow it as while the mass was correct one set of axles could be over while another would be under so the stuff would be moved . This applies to tug/van coombo's as well, your tug tare on the plate is fantasy also.......

Aircraft would be easy, watched Loadies with the slide rule and weight of each bit of kit, then crack up when the late box turns up and they have to move everything....................hey you 6 blokes sit down the back here and don't move...
Yeah, perambulatory cargo is easy

Reactions: Drover