Solar Controller Alarm

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hi All

Our 2010 Expanda (Poptop) Has Solar fitted, today prior to packing up to come home an alarm went off in the Solar Controller inside on the wall with the Battery symbol flashing, Battery switch was on and 240v connectted, we've never had this happen before, There is no information for the Solar controller in any of the paper work/handbooks for the van.

I turned off the Battery switch however that didn't stop it, it only stopped after I found and removed the correct inline fuse in the Battery box, put the fuse back and all was good.

Any ideas,thoughts .?

Will be contacting dealer see what I can find out

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Hey Bushman

Can you please supply a make and model of the solar controller or post a photo of it?

Could be a range of things but need to know the controller functions first.

Regards

Gil

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
G'day Gil

Its a Topray Solar TPS1230 not very good picture up only one I have at moment, spoke to service guy at the dealer who thought it was the low voltage alarm, but I can't figure out why that would be as it was on powered site at time so battery should have been charging from power and we've only free camped unpowered one night last month.

12092010225.jpg

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I have the same controller, I know if there is no battery power to it, the thing alarms, even though it reads a voltage (only during the daylight from the solar). All I can say is check all your connections are tight and voltage at night to the controller. Failing that, you will have to find a good dealer i'm affraid.... sorry,not much help...

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Hey Bushman

Bigman has it covered, thanks mate:high5:.

Check all the connections are clean and tight (might be a bit of oxidisation getting in there) and if it happens again check the regulator terminals with a multimeter to verify the battery voltage is the same as at the battery.

If connections are good and battery voltage is ok at the regulator, might be a faulty unit.

See how you go.

Cheers. ;)

Gil