Just Browsing SOG Toilet Ventilation

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys,

I have been eyeing these off for a while ... from memory somebody had one on and Expanda here. Have read a few sites and was wondering what people here think of them and if they were difficult to fit.

For the $$$ they want (around $300) I think something could be made up far cheaper. I was thinking of using a new cap and having a fitting on it which connects to the fan hose rather than drilling into the floor and everything.

http://www.aussietraveller.com.au/pages/products/category/15/Toilet_Ventilation

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I'm not familiar with these and am happy to be corrected but....
My understanding of the 'breakdown' process is it needs time. I'm sure the theory is right but I wouldn't want to be downwind of the process while it is occurring. I'd have thought in a wet environment (sorry if you are eating!) it would take time. Composting loos need ventilation and a dry environment so it doesn't work that way.
Anyone else wish to make an information deposit?

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
The part that appeals to me is the negative ventilation (vacuum) when the flap to the holding tank is open. Not to help breakdown the waste but to send the smells outside.

I was also wondering about the smells outside!!!! The description says it has a carbon filter, but wondering how well this works to remove the smells!

Reactions: twscoot

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
Had this at Easter some bastard done the row had one all I could smell until the clear out on Sunday was toilet stench
We sat in front of the van with one side draft skirt on with the other side tied back to my dad's van with his other side on then matting for a floor that kept it out
Do t know what one he had and if it was filtered or not the manger had a dig at them we found out later
Talking to him

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
It says the fan only comes on when the flap is pulled open so It should only run for a few seconds when ever someone uses the toilet.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Had this at Easter some bastard done the row had one all I could smell until the clear out on Sunday was toilet stench
We sat in front of the van with one side draft skirt on with the other side tied back to my dad's van with his other side on then matting for a floor that kept it out
Do t know what one he had and if it was filtered or not the manger had a dig at them we found out later
Talking to him

Don't like the sound of that @rodney. I'd imagine the filtered one would stink... Might be wrong though. Would like feed back from owners. I'd hate to fit one and find out I was stinking the neighbouring site with a fan forced fart!!!