Interior Shower door help

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have a question about the sliding shower door in my Starcraft (I assume it is the same in all full caravan models)
What holds the door shut when you are having a shower? Mine seems to want to slide open every time. Is there supposed to be a magnet or catch? Is Jayco playing a trick on me?

Also, worth noting that my shower came from factory with a large gap (as mentioned by others in other threads) under the shower screen. It will need to be sealed or water will spill onto my nice new bathroom floor..

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Can't really help, but from the ones I've seen it should just stay in place while closed, unless your seriously off level. Should be a strap to hold it in the open position for travel.

we stayed in a Jayco cabin a few weeks ago and it had the same shower set up in the ensuite as the vans :confused:

Reactions: relgate

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
Sounds about right but even when level it doesnt want to stay fully closed.
I had the same issue on our 20.63-1, I raised it with the local dealer at the first service and they 'fixed it' somehow. I never asked them what they did, i was just happy that i didn't need to keep my foot on the door or continue to use a patch of duct tape.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I had the same issue on our 20.63-1, I raised it with the local dealer at the first service and they 'fixed it' somehow. I never asked them what they did, i was just happy that i didn't need to keep my foot on the door or continue to use a patch of duct tape.
Sounds promising thanks @Peakay

Macropod

Sep 5, 2013
Cordeaux Heights, NSW
Same problem with our 20.63.1. Using a small rubber wedge at the moment but will have the dealer look at this during its next service. Also leaks under the door - needs silicon. The dealer can do this as well.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Same problem with our 20.63.1. Using a small rubber wedge at the moment but will have the dealer look at this during its next service. Also leaks under the door - needs silicon. The dealer can do this as well.
Yes, mine has the big gap too. Will do it myself if I get time. Might be neater...:behindsofa:

Reactions: Flossymk1

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Our shower door in the 14.44-5 has a small clip that holds the door closed when in the shower. On our last trip, the bottom of this clip broke off and our door kept on swinging open when in use. Jayco replaced the clip at our last service.
Ours is a swinging door, not sure what sort of shower door you have
We also have a manual small latch that is turned 90o to lock the door closed when travelling.
Any help?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Our shower door in the 14.44-5 has a small clip that holds the door closed when in the shower. On our last trip, the bottom of this clip broke off and our door kept on swinging open when in use. Jayco replaced the clip at our last service.
Ours is a swinging door, not sure what sort of shower door you have
We also have a manual small latch that is turned 90o to lock the door closed when travelling.
Any help?
I think it must be a different system but thanks for the post.