Shane and Alesha's new 22.68.1

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
What pressure did you have the tyres on the van at ?

Have always wanted to get mine on the sand, but haven't been game to try it as yet

Had 10 in that van and 9 front 14 rear of that patrol. Towed unbelievably well, no wheel spin, flogging the car. Was very easy to take off from a standing start.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to go down to the beach solo in the future.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Evening boys and girls.
Well mods have been pretty slow of late but we've set a departure date for the big trip so no doubt there'll be a bit more going on.

Always hated the Rv where it was as it felt like it took up half the bench space, so I removed the mounting bracket at mounted it on the wall above the door. The Rv sits pretty nicely in the corner now and we're only shorties so don't have an issue with it there.
IMG_2583.JPG

When traveling the tv gets spun 90 deg and turned to face the end of the overhead cupboard, my wife made a padded cover to protect the screen and it gets strapped in place.
IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Scored a redarc bcdc1240 and a 175w solar panel off my brother in law for a steel so I've put the 1240 in the van to replace the current ctek d250s. The ctek is only rated at a 20a charge rate so it was chocking the solar a little so hopefully on sunny days I might so 30amps or so.
IMG_2781.JPG

I cut a piece of thin ply and screwed it ontop of the wheel arch from underneath, this has given me a more usable area to mount the charger, inverter and a fuse box.

IMG_2782.JPG

The 1240 uses a change over relay to select between solar or alternator input, redarc sell an 80a relay but at around $100 it wasn't going to happen (yep I'm a tight ass), I used a pair of 40a units I had in the shed and they get their trigger from the 12v wiring to the fridge as this only gets power when the cars engine is running.

Just need to grab some small cable ties to tidy it all up.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
So before we head off long term we're putting a diesel heater in, I'm not paying $135 for a 10l tank so to kill 2 birds with 1 stone I've added twin jerry cans to the front of the van so they're multi purpose, 40l extra fuel for the car and the one on the off side will double as the tank for the heater with the bulk head fitting.
IMG_2890.JPG

Made my own holders as I'm to tight to buy them for $40 each.

IMG_2891.JPG

Welded them to a cross bar that I've notched out to fit under the gas bottles without modifying the a frame and compromising the gal.

IMG_2895.JPG

I welded some 20x20 sleeves to the frame so the stone guard can slide into them.

Last edited: