Shade wall question

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Might have to get something made up similar to what you've got @dagree .

I don't want to run the sail track down the caravan wall.

I think it does run on the sail track on the side of the Van mate - by the looks of that picture

if you dont run the sail track, how will you get it to secure to the side of the Van......... thinking you must have something in mind......

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I just want it like shade screens. They don't use sailtrack on the side. But I guess the wind passes through shade cloth, if it were canvas it will probably act like a sail and blow in.
I might by a cheap tarp and knock it up and test the theory.

Reactions: bigcol and Dobbie

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I sometimes use an old Army Hoochie, some velcro straps on the rails and stretch it out pegged to ground with oky straps, works okay to keep weather out so I suppose a tent fly would do the same, lighter and less cost than a vinyl wall.........I know my annex is a flamin heavy thing and I leave it at home.

Reactions: bigcol

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I sometimes use an old Army Hoochie, some velcro straps on the rails and stretch it out pegged to ground with oky straps, works okay to keep weather out so I suppose a tent fly would do the same, lighter and less cost than a vinyl wall.........I know my annex is a flamin heavy thing and I leave it at home.
I just googled Hoochie as I didn't know what it was. I got this...
Screenshot_20170121-191238.png

Lonnie

Oct 24, 2016
Ulladulla
Looking to get some shade walls for our 20.64 when it arrives next month. Where has everyone found the best place to purchase?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well its not the first definition I can tell you...............suffice to say a tent fly which can turn into a tent or a raincoat, usually on cammo pattern, is a very versatile bit of kit and never leave home without it.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We just bought a cheap tarp, Mrs CR cut the top at an angle (lots of measurements before cut :D) then sewed a rope into the angled edge. This is just pulled into the track on the AFK and peg the bottom out. We did make it long enough to pull out a bit and put poles in then reach the ground.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I use the Aldi annexfloor matting ($30), added some eyelets to each corner and works a treat as good as the stuff 3x the price, used one for the old 14ft and carry 2 for the 22ft van.............................................the big bag of Okky straps is the way to go use the same ones myself.

Also the rope in the Camec shades is a bit smaller than the Coast to Coast shades.

Reactions: turbopsi