Shade wall question

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Yep.....here is another good pic showing the shade they offer, if that side wall wasn't up my Engel (which you can just see in the pic behind the table) would be copping full sun.

As this is usually full of beer full sun on the Engel is the last thing I need:D
View attachment 46571

I'm sold.

It looks like I will have some more space as well compared to the annex. I can fit things under the shade walls as they are going to be on an angle, just scooters and bikes etc.

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
I have a full Australia Wide Annex as well @warren cook but I have never used it, never even taken it out of where it is housed in the Expanda.

The shade walls do us wherever we go:first:.

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I don't think they make different grades but I am not sure, certainly worth checking out as @Dobbie has said. I brought mine from my local Jayco dealer Brisbane Camperland.

Just jumped on the coast to coast site and there is no mention of it. The ones from campsmart are 2016 spec so hopefully better then previous ones.

I know there are different quality items out there but I think that is more in the brand also. Some are better at UV protection and some are better at wind flow, you just decide what is important to you and away you go.

Sorry @DWWood for going off topic.

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I have a full Australia Wide Annex as well @warren cook but I have never used it, never even taken it out of where it is housed in the Expanda.

The shade walls do us wherever we go:first:.

Something tells me when I get this set-up I might be shaving 40kg of my tow weight. Actually no I wont as I will replace it with more cartons :eyebrows:

Reactions: Drover

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I'd check to see if they have different grades as @Axl's setup seems to have versions which are far superior to the coast to coast ones we bought from BCF a few years ago.

They're (ours) very flimsy and wouldn't last long at all.

I suspect they produce them in two different weight qualities ...one sold through cheaper outlets and one a bit more upmarket.

Ours has the consistency of a dishrag and certainly doesn't look like @Axl 's.

Not being negative but I was hugely disappointed in ours!

:(

Had a look and couldn't find different ones, thanks for the heads up.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
This might be worth a look.

I think I had an email from them last week ....a super special but can't remember the details but it looked attractive....I deleted the message as we've got ours already on order.

Sunbusters. com.au.

(No affiliation but their stuff is absolutely top quality)

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
This might be worth a look.

I think I had an email from them last week ....a super special but can't remember the details but it looked attractive....I deleted the message as we've got ours already on order.

Sunbusters. com.au.

(No affiliation but their stuff is absolutely top quality)

They do look good @Dobbie, have you ordered from them?

What's their pricing like compared to others? I like that you can choose the colour.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Short 20cm looped toggle bungees from BCF, they come in a box of about 10
118806-thumb.jpg

That's what I use as well, though have only just ordered a shade wall for our van, its something a little different hopefully have it before Christmas and all will be revealed

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I mentioned it only because of the email with the special. I think it was close to half price but don't quote me!

And yes....we've ordered our third set from them.

They keep 95pc of wind and rain out.

But if the coast to coast ones are ok then go for them. It's just that we've had both and prefer the sunbusters.

Good luck with it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I bought mine from BCF and I think one is Camec and the other Coast To Coast, actually have 3 they have all been used a hell of a lot over the last 3 years and can't fault them, paid under $100 each.................seem to work just as well as the more expensive jobs........

Reactions: Delano

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I mentioned it only because of the email with the special. I think it was close to half price but don't quote me!

And yes....we've ordered our third set from them.

They keep 95pc of wind and rain out.

But if the coast to coast ones are ok then go for them. It's just that we've had both and prefer the sunbusters.

Good luck with it.

I appreciate the heads up as I've never heard of them being new to the whole camping etc.

I don't mind spending the money on quality items either, they have quoted me $301 delivered to fit my 17ft awning.

Just out of interest you say it's your third set, over what period of time?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Five years or so and they were as pristine the day we sold them ...with vans....as the day we got them.....still had the fold marks in them but had been well used.

Never regretted....and looking forward to the next set.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just remember the end awnings can come with sail track slide or velcro straps to hold it up........with the sail track you need to have anti flap rails up or a sailtrack on the awning arms whereas with the velcro strap you can just throw up the screen quickly, especially good for short quick stays. I have found the velcro type to be more versatile and can be used elsewhere as well.

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Have spoken to the missus and have decided to go for the Coast to Coast ones for now over the Sunbuster and the $300 saving will go towards the kids prezzies for xmas. We will see how they go and if they don't do the job we will get the Sunbuster ones next time round.

They are either going to be fine and only cost me $180 or if they don't work I will sell them to the mother in law as she always wants what we buy and then get the sunbusters. I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It's useful to have both!

We use the sunbusters for longer stays and the lighter coast to coast ones for short term sun protection so we carry both.

Our coast to coast ones have the Velcro so quick to attach but the others need the antiflap. That's fine if it's a longer stay and I'm staying longer at the same place these days ....so use the lighter ones as a fridge offside awning.....and to tuck the portable solar under at night. It hides a multitude of sins.

Sensible decision!