September School Holidays 2015... Where are you heading to?

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
:)We are heading up to the Atherton tablelands, via paronella park and stay at Tinaroo dam for 5 nights then down to Cairns for a few nights and slowy make our way home along the coast staying at Murray Falls NP near cardwell for a couple nights then home.:(

Reactions: Harveysx4 and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'm heading to Rainbow then Fraser for 7 nights.... Has anyone been to Fraser recently? Whats Inskip run to the barge like?
Nice trip there @Harveysx4 and welcome to the forum. Are you dragging the 17ft'er across to Fraser .... Ill expect to see many photos, I love Fraser Is but was too scared to drag our 16.49.1OB (bless her) over there without having experienced the Island before hand.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Trips now locked in :cheer2: Uluru & Kings Canyon.

Time now prohibits doing the Oodnadatta Track - save that for next July and do a bigger and better off-road trip over 3 weeks.

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 7.00.14 am.png

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
My son asked this morning "Dad, is there anything you can't vacuum seal?"

Guess he has set down a challenge - and a need for at least another 60m of rolls!

Reactions: Smirke

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Ok. Continuing my irreverent thread by posting non caravanning adventures (first holiday without a van in many years - something about payback I'm told)....
Anyway. Arrived in Barcelona today and my withdrawal symptoms have been partially relieved following a very nice seafood paella... Thinking the beers I had drunk to help dull my sense of caravanning loss messed with my brain I looked up and on the wall saw a framed poster which everything alright in my life for just a minute....

image.jpg

Reactions: davemc

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Ok. Continuing my irreverent thread by posting non caravanning adventures (first holiday without a van in many years - something about payback I'm told)....
Anyway. Arrived in Barcelona today and my withdrawal symptoms have been partially relieved following a very nice seafood paella... Thinking the beers I had drunk to help dull my sense of caravanning loss messed with my brain I looked up and on the wall saw a framed poster which everything alright in my life for just a minute....

View attachment 35650
And then it got better. Right in the middle of town...! Beer tastes better out of this cup too. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Harveysx4

Mar 22, 2015
Brisbane
I made it over to Fraser Island! and back again! Going over on Inskip was a piece of pie as it had pelted down rain and the sand was nice and firm. Once over on Fraser the tides were LOW but high due to the bad wind...60km was my max speed as it was up and down. Eli Creek was another worry...but it also was fine, no big drops.
On the way back on Inskip I stuffed up...I didn't lower my PSI and got bogged right where there were some large bumps in the sand before the gravel/dirt road...only 1 meter away from making it home without a bogg! I was sooo P!! Off at myself!! Lol.
Now if I can do this on my own with my two kids while hubby stayed home as he had to work, anyone can do it! Give it ago, totally worth it. I travelled with two other families which helped my nerves.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
We headed to Burrill Lake NSW south coast for 10 days.
Wet for the first 4 days but the sun was back Sunday for the rest of the week. Happy times

Raining but still a great photo.
20150924_172748_zpss75mmuim.jpg

Last edited:

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Hi all, a few photos from our latest trip, 3 weeks out from emerald, up through Isa, three ways and down to Ayres rock and the olgasAcross to chambers pillar, up to kings canyon, back to Alice then home. Also went out to the east and west macs, as well as looked at the desert park, the transport hall of fame, old Alice springs gaol, flying doctors museum and heaps of other stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 255
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg