Security Changes

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, the moderator team and I have spoken about restricting forums based on registration to keep forums private from people who are just browsing.

Considering the amount of meetups etc currently happening I have implemented the following changes -

1) Only registered and validated users can browse the "Group Meets Forum" and all subsequent state based forums

2) Only registered and validated users can browse the "Trip Reports" forum

If you have any questions / concerns please post up / pm me directly.

If you have another seciton of the site that you think should be closed of to prying eyes please let me know.

Cheers from the mod team and I...........

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep that sounds fair.
Probably worth highlighting if you are posting trip reports or forum meets in other threads to ensure it now goes into the correct section.
Have you considered a way to show the main thread title for the restricted areas but not display anything underneath unless you are registered? Reason being is that a non forum member can see there is more to the site than just what they see. It may prompt more people to register to gain access to the restricted sections.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
good move.
Another 'feature' on many forums is not being able to post something for sale until a small number of posts recorded to avoid those who join only to sell something.......?