18' Series Secondhand Market Expanda 18.57-7

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
Hi All, the dilemma. What is the used market like? I have a Jayco Expanda 18.57-7 2009 model twin bed end with slide out lounge. Ensuite model with large aircon, bed infill for lounge and oven. Great condition. Looking at pressing the button on a new Starcraft. Trade in price from dealer was ok but not great, new Starcraft price was ok but with the trade in not great. If I order without trading, am l comfortable that l could move my current van in the marketplace within the three months. Or do I burn money and take the trade. Anyone sold a van recently, is the market buoyant? Are people getting their asking price? Thank you.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Vans only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If the market is down so will the trade in price, you will always do a bit better than the trade in price, same as you will usually get a better price on a new van without a trade in. Especially if the second hand market is low.

Watch the second hand market, generally people don't get their asking price cause it is natural to want top dollar when selling and pay bargain basement when buying :)

Reactions: Delano

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Different beast, but I sold a two year old jayco swan recently. Had half a dozen “ buyers” within a week. Sold for top dollar! I am upgrading to 14’ expanda .... much better deal without trade.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
We sold our 17:56-2 a couple of years ago now, put it on gumtree and the phone never stopped ringing, sold to the first looker at asking price.
I guess it all depends how popular your model van is, most expanda's seem to sell pretty well. Maybe list it for a while, if no deals then trade??

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Put the trade on the contract with the option of selling, once sold give them the amount in cash and put the rest in your pocket, or put it towards the balance.

Make sure it is in the special conditions that you may sell the caravan and remove it from the paperwork.